Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: How about a M12 for $369???

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    $160 for something you can do with a Dremel?
    https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...prod15013.aspx

Buy a new one to mess with for $50 if you're worried about maintaining originality.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I broke down and bought a 5" M10. Okay, I bought two of them. I'll keep the better one and give the other to my unsuspecting girlfriend.

https://www.kingsfirearmsonline.com/...tails?id=53200

Bunch of other revolvers on their site as well.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    I've told Smith reps I know that I think they'd move lots of a reborn Model 12. My concept would be the Model 12 with modern alloy frame, round butt (w/standard grip dimensions), 3" medium profile barrel, DAO with factory bobbed hammer and +P rated with a flat black finish ala the M&P 340 that Darryl and I carry around when we don't need a gun. I've even wondered about trying to cobble one up, but I'm afraid the frame would fail with a rebarreling effort.
    The night cobra. The barrel is an inch shorter but otherwise fits your specs. The smith’s 315ng which also fits your specs weighted 24 ozs unloaded. So does the night cobra which doesn’t have the lock and flame shield over the barrel cylinder gap.

Smith & Wesson isn’t gonna make the revolver like you, I and others want.

Go ahead smith prove me wrong.

I dare you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Wellllll, yeah, if your glass is half empty!!! I sorta thought the same thing, but....

I think part of it is the material may be a denser alloy, and you get the springs (two options) and you get the revised firing pin. there are supposed to be some enhancements on the sear and stirrup, that I don't quite understand if they are improvements to the trigger pull or not. And some people don't like MIM and it is not MIM.

Also, if there is some chance you might change your mind or want to move on, altering the hammer would probably reduce the value of the gun, but if you removed and sold the kit you could get some of your money back.

But it for sure is not the cheap way out.
    I'm not against spending money on it. I put an $80 rear sight, plug lock, tritium front sight, etc.

But then I cut half my hammer off with a Dremel.

I'm not against spending money on it. I put an $80 rear sight, plug lock, tritium front sight, etc.

But then I cut half my hammer off with a Dremel.
    Hahah, funny how we all have our individual perceptions of value!
    I also admit a little bit of Fanboi factor from buying Apex stuff since it was just Randy and Scott at an NRA show, I sorta want to see what they can do for a K-frame (I think that is much of what they did before M&Ps). Part of my theory is that the Apex hammer might carry a little more mass, making ignition a little less reliant on the spring power, and seeing this:
    Name:  MIM.JPG
Views: 317
Size:  15.3 KB
    strengthens my speculation.

I am pretty much planning to mimic you with a better front sight, C&S rear sight, JMCK, and some type of DA conversion, at some point. I just spent a bunch of gun money on a rifle and reloading press, but this M-66 thing keeps getting closer and closer to the top of the wanna list
    Last edited by mmc45414; 07-21-2019 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I do not need a 5" 4-screw M&P. No. No. No. No!!!
    Yes, yes you do.

Because I don’t! Please buy it so I don’t.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by serialsolver View Post
    The night cobra. The barrel is an inch shorter but otherwise fits your specs. The smith’s 315ng which also fits your specs weighted 24 ozs unloaded. So does the night cobra which doesn’t have the lock and flame shield over the barrel cylinder gap.

Smith & Wesson isn’t gonna make the revolver like you, I and others want.

Go ahead smith prove me wrong.

I dare you.

The Cobra series is another misfire from Colt. I know that because six of us with tons of experience working as their LE trainers told Colt in 2013 what that revolver should be...and it wasn't. I'm right there with you on daring Smith to do something righteous on a Model 12 3".
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Well, what should it have been?
    A real Cobra lightweight?
    A productionized Official Police?
    Something Entirely Different?
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    Colt should have not given up on the original cobra, a loaded weight 18 oz (or slightly heavier) six shot revolver but with updated lock work and +p rated.

The original cobra concept has been abandoned by today’s manufacturers.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by serialsolver View Post
    Colt should have not given up on the original cobra, a loaded weight 18 oz (or slightly heavier) six shot revolver but with updated lock work and +p rated.

The original cobra concept has been abandoned by today’s manufacturers.

The input given them was this: Alloy framed, .38 Special w/+P rating, modern lockwork, DAO, 2-3" barrel, bobbed hammer, tritium front sight

There was only ~180 years of collective street LE experience represented in this group, to include thousands of trainees, millions of rounds fired and supervised, multiple gunfights, varied street duty assignments, etc.

We plowed the sea....
    Last edited by Wayne Dobbs; 07-22-2019 at 12:18 PM.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

User Tag List