Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: How about a M12 for $369???

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    The input given them was this: Alloy framed, .38 Special w/+P rating, modern lockwork, DAO, 2-3" barrel, bobbed hammer, tritium front sight

There was only ~180 years of collective street LE experience represented in this group, to include thousands of trainees, millions of rounds fired and supervised, multiple gunfights, varied street duty assignments, etc.

We plowed the sea....
    It's amazing how deaf some companies are.

I’d love to see a 3” “313”.

Model 13 on a scandium frame with Centennial-style enclosed hammer and no lock.

Site Supporter
    The input given them was this: Alloy framed, .38 Special w/+P rating, modern lockwork, DAO, 2-3" barrel, bobbed hammer, tritium front sight

There was only ~180 years of collective street LE experience represented in this group, to include thousands of trainees, millions of rounds fired and supervised, multiple gunfights, varied street duty assignments, etc.

We plowed the sea....
    Hopefully, with the new cobra, colt is working towards this goal.

Hopefully.....

Smith & Wesson, on the other hand, is probably thinking, “we made the night guards and they didn’t sell. We’re not going to do that again.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Site Supporter

We plowed the sea....
    We can always hope for a "Night Light" Cobra as you describe. I would buy one, possibly two.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by serialsolver View Post
    Smith & Wesson, on the other hand, is probably thinking, “we made the night guards and they didn’t sell. We’re not going to do that again.”
    Because they were expensive and it was 2008. Nobody was buying anything in 2008. Economy is a little better in 2019.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfpatch View Post
    It's amazing how deaf some companies are.
    Sadly, I don't believe that this is far off Colt's track record.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    I’d love to see a 3” “313”.

Model 13 on a scandium frame with Centennial-style enclosed hammer and no lock.
    Make it alloy frame, stainless barrel and cylinder and call it the 666......
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    The only scandium K frame I'm aware of ever having been built is the 315 NG. I believe only about 576 were made, off the top of my head. I almost wonder if something went wrong with the tooling, as that's a very short run and they've continued to build scandium N and L frames in configurations other than Night Guard. (Although a 327 PD is seemingly an obviously good idea even changing to a steel cylinder, as it looks a heck of a lot better than the "tactical" variants with blockified five-inch barrels, and they've never done another run of those, either.)

I wouldn't need to see a Centennial style frame, but as mentioned earlier, a drop-in MIM bobbed DAO hammer would have many applications.

A "Pro" or "M&P" branding justifying a no-lock frame would be cool. I'd even be OK with a HiTS logo lasered onto it.

Just give it a standard adjustable rear sight and pinned front. That keeps the price down, reduces development burden and supplier risk, and people who wanted something else would have all the other options that exist ready to go.

Whatever is the shortest barrel for a full-length guide rod would be correct; 2.75 or 3 inches, I reckon. A factory-retorquable barrel like the TRR8 should reduce the risk of cracked frames, I would think, and enable barrel replacement in the event of crappy QC or other necessity.

I would vote for a .38 SPL cylinder, as that will keep the durability of steel with the lighter weight of the shorter cylinder. May reduce any tendency to peen the cylinder stop window wider. Would likely reduce the warranty load due to Cletus shooting nothing but 125gr Magnums with full loads of H110. Would still like a blast shield under the top strap even without a Magnum rating.

Most importantly, I'd like them to unkitten their quality processes before they do it, so they'll all be GTG.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 07-22-2019 at 08:27 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    The only scandium K frame I'm aware of ever having been built is the 315 NG. I believe only about 576 were made, off the top of my head. I almost wonder if something went wrong with the tooling, as that's a very short run and they've continued to build scandium N and L frames in configurations other than Night Guard. (Although a 327 PD is seemingly an obviously good idea even changing to a steel cylinder, as it looks a heck of a lot better than the "tactical" variants with blockified five-inch barrels, and they've never done another run of those, either.)

I wouldn't need to see a Centennial style frame, but as mentioned earlier, a drop-in MIM bobbed DAO hammer would have many applications.

A "Pro" or "M&P" branding justifying a no-lock frame would be cool. I'd even be OK with a HiTS logo lasered onto it.

Just give it a standard adjustable rear sight and pinned front. That keeps the price down, reduces development burden and supplier risk, and people who wanted something else would have all the other options that exist ready to go.

Whatever is the shortest barrel for a full-length guide rod would be correct; 2.75 or 3 inches, I reckon. A factory-retorquable barrel like the TRR8 should reduce the risk of cracked frames, I would think, and enable barrel replacement in the event of crappy QC or other necessity.

I would vote for a .38 SPL cylinder, as that will keep the durability of steel with the lighter weight of the shorter cylinder. May reduce any tendency to peen the cylinder stop window wider. Would likely reduce the warranty load due to Cletus shooting nothing but 125gr Magnums with full loads of H110. Would still like a blast shield under the top strap even without a Magnum rating.

Most importantly, I'd like them to unkitten their quality processes before they do it, so they'll all be GTG.
    This is an excellent concept! Thanks for the input.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

I’d love a modern Model 12. I’d be happy if Ruger did a slightly upsized 3” LCR with 6 shot 38+P cylinder.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

User Tag List