Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Marshals Approve Deltapoint

I wonder if this will be the upgraded optic. I emailed them a question of when it would be available but never received a reply.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

I've my doubts if there ever will be an official acknowledgement.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

It doesn’t surprise me that some specialized units may have them.

I think it will be big news when the first agency with 3000+ agents (or DUSMs) issues them to every agent. Or at least give every agent the option of being issued one.

I’m not concerned with who picks what, but I am interested in the general speed at which agencies will move to RDSs.
    Last edited by BigD; 07-02-2019 at 03:21 PM.

Site Supporter
    And the total approved is ~100 for their SOG agents. This is not a service wide adoption, which is currently being studied and considered.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    And the total approved is ~100 for their SOG agents. This is not a service wide adoption, which is currently being studied and considered.
    No. But personLly owned Pistol RDS are approved service wide for DUSMs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    It doesn’t surprise me that some specialized units may have them.

I think it will be big news when the first agency with 3000+ agents (or DUSMs) issues them to every agent. Or at least give every agent the option of being issued one.

I’m not concerned with who picks what, but I am interested in the general speed at which agencies will move to RDSs.
    These particular optics are being issued to the SOG team members but all USMS Deputies have had the option for personal MRDS on duty handguns for the past year or two.

Along those lines can we get this merged with the other USMS Delta Point Pro thread in the hardware section. @LittleLebowski
    Last edited by HCM; 07-02-2019 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I've my doubts if there ever will be an official acknowledgement.
    So how would a person know when they are available and to know you are getting the upgraded model?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

I've no clue. I've three units here, would love to upgrade preemptively but I doubt Leupold is going to announce anything. My guess that at some point all newly produced units will come with new guts, and all returned units will get an upgrade but without a fanfare. From what I've seen on GJM units, the upgrade is easy to spot.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

I am thinking that by Sept/October, new and repaired units will have the latest internals. This is what the new board looks like.

Name:  53734770-D147-4883-B967-E581EF144C58.jpg
Views: 924
Size:  24.5 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    With the "upgrade", is the DPP now a viable option? Thanks

User Tag List