Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: P320 Pro-Cut Slides

P320 Pro-Cut Slides

New Pro-Cut slides for the P320 series.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/06/sig...#axzz5sB1FuGI4

Looks nifty, and the rear sight isn’t integrated with the optic plate cover.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

As someone who owns a p320c and prefers it to everything else, these new slides look like hammered dogshit. The pro series is how the x carry should've been from the start with the sights actually on the slide instead of the RDS cutout plate. Now the question is "Is making one without the stupid lightning cuts too much to ask?" All i want is an uncut pro series x carry slide like the ones that are on the "LE only" models.

Site Supporter
    No way in hell I'd buy one of those, I may but a new VTAC just for the slide though. Currently I'm experimenting with a M17 on a compact (15 rd) frame and am happy except for an OCD type desire to have a separate rear sight...

Everyday we stray further from the lord’s light.

Quote Originally Posted by sharps54 View Post
    No way in hell I'd buy one of those, I may but a new VTAC just for the slide though. Currently I'm experimenting with a M17 on a compact (15 rd) frame and am happy except for an OCD type desire to have a separate rear sight...
    I've been running that setup for my off-duty gun for several years and really like it. The compact butt is short enough to conceal like a dream while still giving you 15+1. I like the extra slide length and as I'm still wed to iron sights, think I shoot it a little better.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

I have a new VTAC R2. I haven't done anything with it yet but I like it.

The original VTAC, as you probably know, was not optics ready. Plus it had a few windows/lightening cuts. I'm not sure why SIG went with that style and wonder how much input Kyle Lamb had on the specs. Anyway, the original is also serrated lines running from the rear to front sight.

The new R2 comes with no lightening cuts and is optic ready. It ships with VTAC sights (and slide logo) but does not have the serrations. It comes with a black optics plate installed. It also appears that the slide's finish might be somewhat different. The R2 seems to have more of a gold hue and the texture of the finish itself seems a little smoother.

Otherwise the barrel and stuff appears identical between old and new.

So if and when I get around to sticking a Delta point on the slide I wonder if the VTAC sights are tall enough to work. I'm thinking probably not. I've kind of been waiting for SIG to release the Romeo 1T or Romeo 2 before looking into mounting an optic.

On a somewhat related note; L&M appears to be able to modify the old SIG 320 RX slides to accept either an RMR or a DP. This is without ruining the slide's ability to use the Romeo 1. I guess he must drill new holes and maybe lengthen the cutout?

On another note; it might be nifty to convert a VTAC R2 into some sort of M17A1 pistol. Buy a coyote X Carry module and send the assembly to AB Prototype to have the manual safety added. The gun would then be, in essence, what the Army should have adopted.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 06-29-2019 at 07:40 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    I've been running that setup for my off-duty gun for several years and really like it. The compact butt is short enough to conceal like a dream while still giving you 15+1. I like the extra slide length and as I'm still wed to iron sights, think I shoot it a little better.
    I used it in a class last weekend, https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....North-Carolina, and it worked like a charm. I’ve known Bryan a good 20 years, we were stationed at Ft Bragg in the 82nd at the same time, and he put on a really good intro class for new shooters / refresher for experienced ones. Another buddy from back in the day was also in the class shooting a Professional Carry and we found my M17 to be the more accurate of the two. I really like the safety as it is fairly close to a 1911 in feel and gives extra piece of mind when reholstering. With a good holster like the Keeper’s you never notice the full length slide.
    Last edited by sharps54; 06-29-2019 at 07:47 AM.

I really like the safety as it is fairly close to a 1911 in feel and gives extra piece of mind when reholstering.
    I like the thumb safety as well although I really haven't shot my M17 enough to really get a good feel for it.

I wonder why SIG doesn't cut all the chassis systems for the thumb safety. And you'd think it would be an easy deal to make some type of plastic module inserts that would plug into the slots in the grip. Pretty much what S&W does on the M&P. That way the user (or the department armorer) could add or remove the thumb safety as desired. It would make the world's most modular pistol just that much more adaptable.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I have a new VTAC R2. I haven't done anything with it yet but I like it.

The original VTAC, as you probably know, was not optics ready. Plus it had a few windows/lightening cuts. I'm not sure why SIG went with that style and wonder how much input Kyle Lamb had on the specs. Anyway, the original is also serrated lines running from the rear to front sight.

The new R2 comes with no lightening cuts and is optic ready. It ships with VTAC sights (and slide logo) but does not have the serrations. It comes with a black optics plate installed. It also appears that the slide's finish might be somewhat different. The R2 seems to have more of a gold hue and the texture of the finish itself seems a little smoother.

Otherwise the barrel and stuff appears identical between old and new.

So if and when I get around to sticking a Delta point on the slide I wonder if the VTAC sights are tall enough to work. I'm thinking probably not. I've kind of been waiting for SIG to release the Romeo 1T or Romeo 2 before looking into mounting an optic.

On a somewhat related note; L&M appears to be able to modify the old SIG 320 RX slides to accept either an RMR or a DP. This is without ruining the slide's ability to use the Romeo 1. I guess he must drill new holes and maybe lengthen the cutout?

On another note; it might be nifty to convert a VTAC R2 into some sort of M17A1 pistol. Buy a coyote X Carry module and send the assembly to AB Prototype to have the manual safety added. The gun would then be, in essence, what the Army should have adopted.

Good to know! I’ll probably end up with a VTAC R2 at which point I’d just cut that frame for the safety and use the M17 trigger.

I haven’t had any issues yet but one concerning thing I read over on the Enos forums was a report of bent ejectors from magazines being forcefully inserted during slide lock reloads. It seems to mainly happen with the 21 rounders...

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/2...aged-ejectors/

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I like the thumb safety as well although I really haven't shot my M17 enough to really get a good feel for it.

I wonder why SIG doesn't cut all the chassis systems for the thumb safety. And you'd think it would be an easy deal to make some type of plastic module inserts that would plug into the slots in the grip. Pretty much what S&W does on the M&P. That way the user (or the department armorer) could add or remove the thumb safety as desired. It would make the world's most modular pistol just that much more adaptable.

Luckily the frames are inexpensive enough that it isn’t too scary to cut them yourself. I let my buddy Bryan, a 320 armorer, cut my compact frame but it only took a few minutes and to be honest was super straight forward. Tape the frame, hold the M17 frame next to it to trace the cut out on the tape, and make small cuts until the trigger module fits.

User Tag List