Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: P320 Pro-Cut Slides

Quote Originally Posted by sharps54 View Post
    Good to know! I’ll probably end up with a VTAC R2 at which point I’d just cut that frame for the safety and use the M17 trigger.

I haven’t had any issues yet but one concerning thing I read over on the Enos forums was a report of bent ejectors from magazines being forcefully inserted during slide lock reloads. It seems to mainly happen with the 21 rounders...

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/2...aged-ejectors/
    Hmm.

I've known that to be an issue with the 1911 but hadn't seen that about the 320.

If and when SIG modifies the ejector it would be nice to see the chassis modified to be useable in 45 Auto. This, along with the ability to add the manual safety, would make the 320 completely configurable. Plus it might save SIG a few bucks over the long haul. Just one chassis piece that can be used for 45, 40, 357 or 9.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    New Pro-Cut slides for the P320 series.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/06/sig...#axzz5sB1FuGI4

Looks nifty, and the rear sight isn’t integrated with the optic plate cover.
    Well, I don't know what to say about those. I can say I will never own one. Now if Sig could figure out how to add some pearl handle inlays to the 320 frame, you would have a grip to match the flamboyance of those slides.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

I don’t get it, with all those slide cuts there is no room to engrave punisher skulls and clever comments.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post

If and when SIG modifies the ejector it would be nice to see the chassis modified to be useable in 45 Auto. This, along with the ability to add the manual safety, would make the 320 completely configurable. Plus it might save SIG a few bucks over the long haul. Just one chassis piece that can be used for 45, 40, 357 or 9.

Re: 45 - Not gonna happen.

They have been talking about this since the P250. With the adoption of the M17/18 the format is set and the 45acp is dead as far as large LE/GOV sales.

I have a 320 chambered in 45. It is a nice handgun. Size is nearly identical to the 9mm version and it has a magazine capacity of 10 rounds.

I don't have a real need for one but I've often thought about buying a compact conversion kit. This would give me a Glock 19-ish sized pistol with Government Model capacity.

With all that being said, I imagine the 45 versions are basically SIG doing us a favor. I doubt the 45 sells well at all and I should just be thankful they make it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I have a 320 chambered in 45. It is a nice handgun. Size is nearly identical to the 9mm version and it has a magazine capacity of 10 rounds.

I don't have a real need for one but I've often thought about buying a compact conversion kit. This would give me a Glock 19-ish sized pistol with Government Model capacity.

With all that being said, I imagine the 45 versions are basically SIG doing us a favor. I doubt the 45 sells well at all and I should just be thankful they make it.

I can see it selling well commercially, especially with the adoption of the M17. The 320 is, in many ways a generation 3/4 version of the P250 and they tried unsuccessfully to make an All caliber chassis for the P250. Plus the bigger 45 chassis leaves open the possibility of a 10mm P320.

Maybe it’s just me,but I find those slides really unattractive. I don’t mind slide cuts and serrations, but those are ugly to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vista461 View Post
    Maybe it’s just me,but I find those slides really unattractive. I don’t mind slide cuts and serrations, but those are ugly to me.
    I think they look ridiculous but I understand everyone has different taste and use for their pistols. What I don’t understand is why they went to the time and money to produce these when they already make a pro model with a slide that more people would buy if given the opportunity.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rc217 View Post
    I think they look ridiculous but I understand everyone has different taste and use for their pistols. What I don’t understand is why they went to the time and money to produce these when they already make a pro model with a slide that more people would buy if given the opportunity.
    Agreed. They look like crap and SIG should have chosen a different name to sell these under so they could sell the standard PRO model slides.

Quote Originally Posted by MrInox View Post
    ...these new slides look like hammered dogshit.
    I literally LOL'd

User Tag List