Thread: Week 327: Pistol NOW!

Week 327: Pistol NOW!

Week 327: Pistol NOW!

Results may be posted until July 28th, 2019.

Designed by: Unknown
    Range: 5 yards
    Target: B8 repair center, download here: https://pistol-forum.com/attachment....1&d=1322428748
    Start Position: Holstered or ready
    Rounds Fired: 16

Start with the holstered gun loaded with exactly 15 rounds. On signal, draw and shoot 15 rounds to the B8 repair center, reload, then shoot 1 round to the B8 repair center.

Your score is your time, plus one second for each shot not in the black (9-ring or better.) A passing score is 11 seconds or less.

If your range doesn't allow you to draw from the holster, you may start from a ready position instead, and add one second to your total time.

If you find the 5 yard version easy, feel free to extend the distance – just note any variations when you post results.

Please report the following when you post your results in this thread:

Pistol, holster, concealment (optional) used
    Raw time
    Penalties
    Total score
    Pass or Fail
    Distance (if other than 5 yards)
    Anything you noticed

Training with firearms is an inherently dangerous activity. Be sure to follow all safety protocols when using firearms or practicing these drills. These drills are provided for information purposes only. Use at your own risk.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

5" m&p 2.0 from a jmck 2.5 with phlster tuckstrut and dsg pad
    concealed under a t-shirt
    5 yards

I ran this two times today. The first at assessment speed, or a speed that I know I could put the rounds where they needed to go without having to think about it very much. The second run was at skill building/technical speed, or a speed that pushes my limits and lets me see what I can do . The first I wasn't willing to drop any points and simply wanted a clean run without regard to time. The second run I would be willing to drop a few points to see how fast I could manipulate the gun with reasonable accuracy and not a total meltdown pushing pure speed.

Run 1 - assessment speed

Raw time - 10.06
    Penalties - 0
    Total score - 10.06
    Pass

Name:  20190702_104101.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  24.4 KB

Solid passing run with only two outside the 10 ring. Relatively slow draw for 5 yards, but not so slow for the x-ring. Reload was slow as molasses and I still need to put major work on follow through and not worry about admiring my work right away like a boob.

Run 2 - technical speed

Raw time - 6.93
    Penalties - 0
    Total score - 6.93
    Pass

A better run than I expected. At this speed I am not able to consistently call shots so I was sure I pulled a shot or two outside the black but ended up shooting it clean. On one hand it's cool that I had good enough grip/sights/trigger to shoot clean at that speed but i don't think it's something I could do consistently at that speed. My draw was better, as I was simply going for close black as a target rather than x, but the reload was still shit.

Name:  20190702_104630.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  26.1 KB

I've got the videos up now. I'll edit it in a minute to still shots of the final targets and time for clarity. Fun drill. It's not often you get to shoot full magazines at speed for a drill, and I'm not convinced it's a good use of ammo/practice time but it does show you flaws in your fundamentals so i don't think it loses all it's futility if ran on occasion, or simply because dumping a full magazine at a b8 is fun. I bet good shooters like @Mr_White can do it sub 5 though.
    Last edited by backtrail540; 07-02-2019 at 02:17 PM.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

User Tag List