Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Democratic Candidates on Handguns

Site Supporter

The Democratic Candidates on Handguns

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...andidates.html

1. In an ideal world, would anyone own handguns?

Not all of the them answered (I didn't see Shotgun Joe). So some are:

1. Mildly supportive
    2. Dodged the question, with a mild positive
    3. Dodged with a negative
    4. Clearly negative.

Now, in an ideal world no one would ever fight and handguns would just be tools or for sports. However, we get the gist of the question. For those who were mildly supportive, the devil is in the details.

Shall issue concealed carry? Higher capacity guns? Campus carry? Just a SW Model 10 in the your sock draw?

Of course, I'd better none of them would go for having an assault bangbang, MSR, MSSA, etc.

CWM11B
    I'm going to go with answer number 4 to the tenth power for all of them, regardless of any hint at support, however limited.

If you just become an overt criminal with violent tendencies then none of those type of people will ever talk about a plan to try and disarm you, like in Chicago.

Think about that.....

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    If you just become an overt criminal with violent tendencies then none of those type of people will ever talk about a plan to try and disarm you, like in Chicago.

Think about that.....
    Also, in the event that you're incarcerated, Chairman Bernie wants to ensure that you can still vote while serving time.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kyle Reese; 06-28-2019 at 03:41 PM.

If you listened to the debates, you know all of the candidates are in favor of more gun control with many advocating forcible buybacks of weapons they deem scary.

As for pistols, I can tell you that Kamala Harris is the reason regular Californians cannot buy new semiautomatic pistols. Hypocritically, she owns a pistol for self defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    Also, in the event that you're incarcerated, Chairman Bernie wants to ensure that you can still vote while serving time.
    Why would that be a problem?
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 06-28-2019 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    I'm going to go with answer number 4 to the tenth power for all of them, regardless of any hint at support, however limited.
    Winner. The most honest were Swalwell and Booker, who want to fuck gun owners long and hard.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    I liked the "Well I support the Second Amendment" lines.

Name:  do-you-though-5b776e.jpg
Views: 741
Size:  21.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Why would that be a problem?
    https://youtu.be/Wk4WhN3sTaA

Persons convicted of a felony and serving a custodial sentence lose some of their freedoms whilst serving their time. Are you of the opinion that these individuals should be able to cast their ballots from behind bars?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kyle Reese; 06-28-2019 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...andidates.html

1. In an ideal world, would anyone own handguns?

Not all of the them answered (I didn't see Shotgun Joe). So some are:

1. Mildly supportive
    2. Dodged the question, with a mild positive
    3. Dodged with a negative
    4. Clearly negative.

Now, in an ideal world no one would ever fight and handguns would just be tools or for sports. However, we get the gist of the question. For those who were mildly supportive, the devil is in the details.

Shall issue concealed carry? Higher capacity guns? Campus carry? Just a SW Model 10 in the your sock draw?

Of course, I'd better none of them would go for having an assault bangbang, MSR, MSSA, etc.
    Answers #2 - #4 are exactly what I would expect of the Dems at this point. Hedging, if not outright hostility, regarding anything 2A.

Answer #1 is what I'd expect of the typical Dem response ("Why, yes, I support the Second Amendment!") when forced to answer the question, but we all know that none of them really support it. In the end, ''mildly supportive'' is not even an honest response; it's just a dodge. Of course, the devil is in the details. When faced with the real possibility that the far out Left-wing of the Democratic party will attack any Dem presidential hopeful for not being in absolute lock-step with them (i.e.; all guns should be confiscated and banned), they'll always cave to the pressure for fear of losing whatever standing they have.

Once again, the Dems see this as being for ''all of the cookies''. You may not like the current president, but he is a damn sight better than anything that the Left has to offer.
    Last edited by the Schwartz; 06-28-2019 at 04:04 PM.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

The only people that they believe should have guns are the folks entrusted with keeping their asses safe. I believe that's the Rosie O'Fatso doctrine.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List