Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New sights from 10-8

We've had the Trijicon HD XR available in .122 since 2017, and the Ameriglo Agent/Bold have also been available in .125 'thin' configurations since 2017.

Unfortunately, Trijicon and Ameriglo didn't tighten the rear notch (originally designed to pair with a .140) for these sights when they introduced the thinner fronts, leaving .160+ wide rear notches (the HD is a .168).

For the Glock, I've found that the Wilson/Vickers rear sight (.145 notch) pairs very well with the Trijicon/Ameriglo front sights. Wilson offers Ameriglo .125 Glock front sights in .230 and .245 heights to pair with it. Meanwhile, Ameriglo has .125 Pro-Glo front sights in .165, .180, .200, and .220. Just look for sights with "thin" in the height column or '125' in the model number (such as GL-212-200-125-OR-C).

Irritatingly, the .125 wide/.220 high Pro-Glo front sight in yellow was found exclusively on the Vickers Tactical Glock offered by Lipseys...but you can get the orange version on the Ameriglo website...guess Larry is a fan of this configuration...
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 06-29-2019 at 11:17 AM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I don't claim to be a sight expert, but when I read the description/press/whatever my first thought was "are these really the first 'hi-vis' tritium sights with a .125 front?" So then I googled it and the answer is "no".

Which doesn't necessarily mean Hilton's sights aren't good. the way they handle the colored ring is very interesting to me, and looks good on the screen.
    You're right but the Ameriglos you linked don't have the bright orange or yellow ring. Trijicon has been making a thin .125" HD XR front sight, and the Ameriglo BOLD front sights come in .125" thickness as well. That being said, 10-8 is offering more front sight heights than others. When I purchased new sights for my carry gun earlier this year I considered both the existing Trijicon and Ameriglo offerings but couldn't be sure I would get the POA/POI I wanted, in addition to the rear sights from both Ameriglo and Trijicon having really wide notches I dislike. If these 10-8 sights had existed then it would have been a no brainer.

Edit: I was not aware that Wilson/Ameriglo offered heights taller than .200", those would have suited my needs just as well as these.
    Last edited by Eyesquared; 06-29-2019 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SIRTainly View Post
    You're right but the Ameriglos you linked don't have the bright orange or yellow ring. Trijicon has been making a thin .125" HD XR front sight, and the Ameriglo BOLD front sights come in .125" thickness as well. That being said, 10-8 is offering more front sight heights than others. When I purchased new sights for my carry gun earlier this year I considered both the existing Trijicon and Ameriglo offerings but couldn't be sure I would get the POA/POI I wanted, in addition to the rear sights from both Ameriglo and Trijicon having really wide notches I dislike. If these 10-8 sights had existed then it would have been a no brainer.
    By my count Ameriglo .125 'thin' Glock sights are offered in .165, .180, .200, .220, .230, and .245 and Trijicon HD XR (.122) sights are offered in .200 and .215. One of the quirks with Ameriglo is that they aren't all available in one place, and some sight color/height combinations are exclusive to certain brands (like Wilson Combat and Kensight).

Now that Trijicon has acquired Ameriglo they need to neaten this up...

ETA: Again, good on 10-8 to work to add more options. And in my opinion, Night Fision was totally irrelevant when they introduced more .140 front sights into an already crowded market...getting into thin front sights is smart business.
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 06-29-2019 at 11:34 AM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Going onto the Ameriglo website is kinda depressing now that Trijicon has taken over.

Seems like most of what I look for is "Sold Out" - not sure if Trijicon is planning on phasing out most of the Ameriglo line or if they are just behind on production.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    My frustration (which isn't with 10-8) is that .125 'thin' hi-vis sights have been out for well over two years now, and between Trijicon and Ameriglo there are a number of sight heights available for Glock (and some other models). There are some 1911 KenSight branded Ameriglo sights in this configuration, but only in a few different heights.
    I'm there with you. It's time to replace the sights on my Kimber and my options are - highly limited in general. Even though the front is a Novak cut, the heights available for thin front sights with bright inserts are all too tall to match to any available fixed rear. I would have to go Novak DAS style rear to get a combo that works.

At the end of the day, I'm going to go a different route with a lined front sight to a center-hold. Just like I setup rifle and shotgun irons/ghostrings and delta-type reticles for optics.

I end up with Dawson Precision on more of my guns than any other brand. I do like the bright yellow trijicon hd .122 front, but their rear is way too wide as mentioned above. For popular guns, Dawson will make any height front sight you want with a .125 blade, white outline, tritium dot. For the rear they will make any notch width you want with tritium dots and no outline.

The fronts are often in stock, the rears you often have to wait for if you want a custom notch width. I like .135-.140 rear notch with a .125 front. Usually they have to make those. Usually takes about 6-8 weeks. For those who like a traditional squared u shape rear sight, relatively narrow (or custom width), with subdued dots on both sides of the rear sight, and a shape that allows racking the slide off the rear sight...Dawson I *think* might be the only game in town. Love to hear if others have found something different.

Note: *you do have to call them for the custom width rear sights. Those are not listed online and there is no indication online they make them. But if you call, they'll mostly do whatever you want.
    Last edited by CTX44; 06-29-2019 at 02:45 PM.

Site Supporter
    I ordered a few of the new 10-8 sights. I wish he made a run of colored dots without the tritium. I have asked Hilton to make another run of beretta rear sights but he says the last run did not sell. Anybody interested in a group buy 10-8 beretta rear sights?

If you do actually shoot someone using these sites, the owner can completely ignore you or pretend you never existed...

I’ve gone to the Ameriglo .125 w green / yellow ring on my new Glocks and really like them (basically exactly what these 10-8 sights are). I wish 10-8 would have done a serrated front with this configuration, that is the hole in the front sight market IMO.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    If you do actually shoot someone using these sites, the owner can completely ignore you or pretend you never existed...
    huh?

User Tag List