Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New sights from 10-8

New sights from 10-8

125 width, colored polymer ring sounds like it could solve the problem of flaking front sights.

http://www.10-8performance.com/glock...ht-all-styles/

Me rikey-rikey.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Hotness. I love that he got it down in width. I've felt for awhile now the real tragedy bright sights is how fuckin' wide they are.

I hope Hilton makes some of these for Novak 1911 dovetails and maybe - dare we hope - HK P30/VP9?

.125" or bust!
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 06-28-2019 at 03:04 PM.

I've been looking at these today. Do we know what height combo works with which of his rear sights on a Glock 48?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sellers View Post
    I've been looking at these today. Do we know what height combo works with which of his rear sights on a Glock 48?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Hilton is recommending .250 for the Glock 48 front, combined with his MOS standard rear.

http://www.10-8performance.com/glock-43-43x-48/
    Last edited by RMF; 06-28-2019 at 07:33 PM.

I understand why Glock is always first out of the chute, but I’d like to see more options for Beretta 92s and 1911s.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

These sights have what I believe most of the hi-vis non fiber sights have needed. Enough blade above the ring for real precision work. I dislike that the Ameriglo rings are so close to the top of the blade that in strong light the color blows up the top edge of the sight.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I understand why Glock is always first out of the chute, but I’d like to see more options for Beretta 92s and 1911s.
    Hilton mentioned in the comments on IG that these are "prototype" first runs of these sights. And that M&P, 1911, and others are currently in the works. But that the Glocks came first to both test the waters and to shoot them a bunch to make sure they work as intended.

And is it time for a screen-name change, Mr. CanWeGetSomeBerettaSightsOverHere?

I'm just yanking your chain though - I keep thinking of switching to "1911Rob" but then I swing back towards loving my wheelguns and I know "RevolverRob" is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    These sights have what I believe most of the hi-vis non fiber sights have needed. Enough blade above the ring for real precision work. I dislike that the Ameriglo rings are so close to the top of the blade that in strong light the color blows up the top edge of the sight.
    Man that is so true. The two reasons I don't run XS sights on everything is the front dot is merely a dot. So precision work requires a lot of effort and that the rear "notch" being a V doesn't provide good vertical feedback. I find lots of folks (including myself) shoot high or low at longer distances with big front dots that are both wide and tall. Preferring my accuracy to match the precision of the gun (thanks for fixing my lexicon @Tom_Jones) the sharpest sights are my preference. Of course "sharp" sights and "fast shooting" are often at odds with one another, due to a variety of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Hilton mentioned in the comments on IG that these are "prototype" first runs of these sights. And that M&P, 1911, and others are currently in the works. But that the Glocks came first to both test the waters and to shoot them a bunch to make sure they work as intended.
    My frustration (which isn't with 10-8) is that .125 'thin' hi-vis sights have been out for well over two years now, and between Trijicon and Ameriglo there are a number of sight heights available for Glock (and some other models). There are some 1911 KenSight branded Ameriglo sights in this configuration, but only in a few different heights. I have a .125 Ameriglo Pro Glo front sight for the Beretta Vertec which is on my Langdon 92, but this isn't a regular catalog item for reasons that escape me (and which I found being blown out by Ameriglo over Ebay). We've got Glock fairly well covered - time to open up the aperture! Glad to hear 10-8 will move into other models, and now that Hilton Yam is free to focus on his business, I suspect we'll see more 10-8 offerings in the future.

I've found that a .120-.125 front with a .140-.150 rear is the optimal combination for me, and I think a lot of sight manufactuers (10-8, Warren, Wilson/Vickers) agree. More options in this regard can only be a good thing. The Trijicon HD and Ameriglo Bold/Agent configurations are good, but the rear notch is simply too wide at .168.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    And is it time for a screen-name change, Mr. CanWeGetSomeBerettaSightsOverHere?

I'm just yanking your chain though - I keep thinking of switching to "1911Rob" but then I swing back towards loving my wheelguns and I know "RevolverRob" is right.
    LOL - it's a fair point! I went down the Beretta rabbit hole in 2013 when I picked up a M9 on a lark, and have been a 92 fan boy ever since. I've flirted with changing the screen name to 'PizzaGun' more than once...if I ever start competing with a 92 over the 34 I'll make the jump. I've been JSGlock34 since the day this site opened though, so it is hard to change.
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 06-29-2019 at 10:57 AM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    My frustration (which isn't with 10-8) is that .125 'thin' hi-vis sights have been out for well over two years now, and between Trijicon and Ameriglo there are a number of sight heights available for Glock (and some other models).
    I don't claim to be a sight expert, but when I read the description/press/whatever my first thought was "are these really the first 'hi-vis' tritium sights with a .125 front?" So then I googled it and the answer is "no".

Which doesn't necessarily mean Hilton's sights aren't good. the way they handle the colored ring is very interesting to me, and looks good on the screen.

User Tag List