Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: If any of you are Christmas shopping for me...

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    My family heirloom 45/70 manufactured in 1891, used in the Johnson County War.
    That's amazing. Your Johnson County War rifle isn't just old school, it's a vintage battle scarred veteran.

I have a Winchester I inherited from my grandfather that he bought at the estate sale of a ranch in North Dakota, back in the late twenties or early thirties. It was kept at a line shack. It's not a 45-70 though. It's a 25-35.
    Last edited by MistWolf; 06-29-2019 at 08:47 AM.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Name:  DSC_0002.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  103.6 KB

Some of my lever guns... Oldest is the prewar Winchester 1894 in good old 30-30. All are a lot of fun to shoot.

I've carried the Marlin .45-70 elk hunting but I've never been presented with a shot when I've had that gun along.

FWIW - Load a 300 gr. 45-70 JHP over a healthy dose of powder and shoot one gallon cans of creamed corn/diced tomatoes.
    You'll fall over from laughing - it's like kinetic fireworks.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    So a 30-30 and 300 BO could share the same suppresses right? Asking for a friend.
    Yes as long as the can is rated for .300 BO supers.

Some pistol cans are only rated for .300 BO sub sonic.

User Tag List