Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If any of you are Christmas shopping for me...

Other options, seen @NRAAM2019:
    Name:  DSC_1068.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  36.4 KB
    Name:  DSC_1070.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  58.2 KB
    Name:  DSC_1072.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  23.1 KB
    I was positive that I had a full-length shot of the variant with the M-Lok fore-end, but alas, no...

Edit to add: I am no lever guru, but these things had the smoothest action of any lever I have ever handled.
    Last edited by Drang; 06-28-2019 at 04:36 PM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    I am no lever guru, but these things had the smoothest action of any lever I have ever handled.
    The ones on the rack look like Remington/Marlin Custom Shop guns (the CS is out of South Dakota now, not Ilion). Those guys do some pretty good work. Even the factory ones I messed with a bit at SHOT show felt pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

You may be right. The display had Mossberg on one side, Remington on the other.
    On the Remington side...
    Name:  DSC_1073.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  68.8 KB
    Name:  DSC_1074.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  57.4 KB
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    LL, everyone, I love where you shop, but I can only drool over your choices. Stuff of dreams for me.
    Last edited by 11B10; 06-28-2019 at 07:36 PM.

I have a Marlin 1895 in 45-70 with the old Ashley Express sights. Even with a recoil pad that thing thumps a lot harder than my Miroku built Winchester 1886.

Marlins are light, and warm/hot 45-70 loads have some whoopass to them.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

I must be Old School-
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    I must be Old School-
    I can beat that
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I can beat that
    The only thing that could make this rifle better is a lever with a larger opening so the knuckle of my second finger doesn't take a beating during recoil. But I'm willing to take a look at what you got
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    The only thing that could make this rifle better is a lever with a larger opening so the knuckle of my second finger doesn't take a beating during recoil. But I'm willing to take a look at what you got
    My family heirloom 45/70 manufactured in 1891, used in the Johnson County War.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    #RESIST

So a 30-30 and 300 BO could share the same suppresses right? Asking for a friend.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List