Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: quickest/cheapest route to USPSA PCC from where I am now

Adjustment on the Holosun is way better. The Cmore doesn't have any clicks or anything, so zeroing it is a pain. Once it's set, it works.

Pretty sure battery life is better on the Holosun too. Anyway, I'd tell you to go Holosun, and would probably only use Cmores if I had some lying around.

Site Supporter
    I like my old school C More on my SIG MPX PCC.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Looking at replacement optics, keeping in mind my "dual purpose" usage. it appears that the C-More is the optic of b=choice for gaming, followed by the Holosun 510C. Given that I'm going to be using this for critter control, and then hopefully some games, would the latter be a slightly more "robust" or otherwise better or more flexible option for home use?

They seem to be around the same price. I wouldn't be buying a new optic at all if the one currently on the gun wasn't totally dead.
    We have a lot of PCC shooters, including 2 GMs, who use Trijicon MROs. Some shooters also have a 2nd RDS on an angle mount.

I wouldn't use a C-More if you gave me one. I had one on an Open gun before I sold it, and it was poorly made, hard to zero, didn't hold zero, had poor battery life, and was not in any way water resistant. Relatively few people around here use them anymore, even for Open. Sorry @ranger... I really hate them.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 01-21-2020 at 10:14 PM.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Got the upper mounted, and all the parts swapped over. Pretty happy in general, even if it did add about 4" to the overall length suppressed.

Issue I'm having now is that my Colt mags are requiring a hard slap to seat, and don't drop free. This is bolt-forward, mags fully loaded or downloaded, doesn't matter.

Just to reitterate, this is the upper I bought, with the understaning that it works with Colt mags/lowers. The previous RRA upper that was on this lower had no issues. The lower is an Anvil arms registered SBR with permanent magwell block.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...165449633.html

Name:  IMG_1691.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  64.9 KB

Name:  IMG_1685 (Edited).jpg
Views: 494
Size:  59.4 KB

previous upper with can attached
    Name:  IMG_1680 (Edited).jpg
Views: 534
Size:  86.7 KB

Might also be of interest to see the "competition" configuration. Old upper shown beside it for comparison. This is before I moved the FH/suppressor-mount over.

Name:  IMG_1683.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  68.4 KB

It doesn't change the need for an extra push on insertion but try using magpuls on the mag, they offer a better grip and take out some of the sting when hitting the base. Cost is about $3.00 each.
    Last edited by p7fl; 01-25-2020 at 12:42 PM.

Got some more fiddle-fart time. Tried inserting on an open bolt and still had an issue, albeit slightly less of one, getting the mag to seat. The issue appears to be that they got cute with the internals of the upper. You can see where the mag is already wearing on the aluminum (the upper is still un-fired).

I thought I had a pinned mag block but now that I look at the lower it appears that I do not (see second pic, no pins, no set screw, maybe just held in with mag catch?). Maybe there's a way to adjust the block lower? Right now my plan is to take a dremel to the wear spot in the upper...

Name:  IMG_1742.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  59.4 KB

Name:  IMG_1744.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  66.9 KB

Got the laser and optic mounted, along with al, the plastic bits and whatnot. So it’s “done”, pending reso,union to the mag seating issue and any adjustments made after shooting.

Coon mode, wherein the laser would be the primary sighting device
    Name:  A5893E9D-2490-4F5B-9707-037C27F7B7D1.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  88.0 KB

Gamer mode, wherein the Holosun would be the primary sighting device
    Name:  7646B0F7-315B-4BBA-AE0E-916D97BD0942.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  84.0 KB

And yes, the light does intrude into the sight picture, but in looking through it and focusing down range, it seems pretty much a non-issue. I *may* wind up trying to find a way to raise the optic.
    Name:  D29A6621-1B97-4AD1-BF8B-81B341ACF6B0.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  44.8 KB

The TLR-8 is blocking too much of your downrange view for gaming use. I, and a number of friends, use the cheesy Crimson Trace rail mounted green laser which is very small by comparison.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The TLR-8 is blocking too much of your downrange view for gaming use. I, and a number of friends, use the cheesy Crimson Trace rail mounted green laser which is very small by comparison.
    that's what I'm figuring.

Funnily enough, I suspect that had I gone with a T-1 sized optic on a lower 1/3 mount I likely wouldn't see the light body at all, or certainly far less of it.

This gun has to work for coons first, and (seemingly ever less likely) gaming opportunities second, so I may leave it as-is for the moment. I don't want to lose the light/laser, and I don't want to have to take it on and off, and I don't think i want to go to a 45* offset for the laser... Doesn't leave me a lot of options just yet, but I'm confident I can get it figured out once I get to shoot it.

User Tag List