Thread: Bobbed hammer for pocket carry

Bobbed hammer for pocket carry

The local gun shop had a 431PD while I am interested in the .32 H&R mag, this particular snubbie has a hammer and a lock. The lock I am not terribly worried about in this pistol but I would need to bob the hammer for pocket carry. Other than catching lint and other pocket debris in the hammer area are there any other concerns with carrying a bobbed hammer in the pocket

One of the upsides of that bobbed hammer are being able to do a proper cylinder rotation check.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    The local gun shop had a 431PD while I am interested in the .32 H&R mag, this particular snubbie has a hammer and a lock. The lock I am not terribly worried about in this pistol but I would need to bob the hammer for pocket carry. Other than catching lint and other pocket debris in the hammer area are there any other concerns with carrying a bobbed hammer in the pocket
    I have never seen any problem with pocket carry of a bobbed hammer and have never heard of such. I speak from many years' experience.

firing off a pocket shot can be problematic with an external unshrouded hammer revolver.

if the prime use of the gun is for ccw self defense, it makes logical sense to just go D/A only with an internal hammer and be done with it.
    Last edited by rfd; 06-29-2019 at 08:39 AM.

User Tag List