Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RFI - Las Vegas Vacation

RFI - Las Vegas Vacation

Going on vacation to Las Vegas for a week with my extended family (10 of us), ages 5 to 72. We'll have two rental cars, so we can split off and do different things if we want. Planning on seeing a (family appropriate) Vegas show, probably going to Hoover Dam, and the adults doing some gambling.

Anything else we should consider?

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Going on vacation to Las Vegas for a week with my extended family (10 of us), ages 5 to 72. We'll have two rental cars, so we can split off and do different things if we want. Planning on seeing a (family appropriate) Vegas show, probably going to Hoover Dam, and the adults doing some gambling.

Anything else we should consider?
    Visit Red Rock Canyon

Grand Canyon and Zion national Parks are equal distances in opposite directions.

I'm more into the outdoors

Otherwise enjoy
    Last edited by eb07; 06-27-2019 at 03:19 PM.

Hammertime
    Springs Preserve https://www.springspreserve.org/

Valley of Fire

Red Rocks

Hoover Dam Tour

In that order. Zion is amazing but kinda far.

Site Supporter
    There are some places to rent and shoot full-auto.
    I'd bet someone here could make a recommendation, if that's something that interests your group.
    When I go to Vegas, I just play Poker. I'm boring.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I used to travel to Las Vegas a lot. For a while I was commuting there on a weekly basis.

The only thing I liked about those trips was running in Red Rock Canyon. Even if you're not a runner, a drive through the park is nice.

Hoover Dam is pretty cool. An amazing engineering feat.

RoyGBiv is right! I was in Vegas last month and went to Battlefield Vegas to shoot some machine guns. Yes, it's a tourist trap, but it was my only chance to get my hands on a full-auto PKM. They pick you up from your hotel on the Strip in old surplus Humvees, it's a fun experience.

Site Supporter
    I go there when I'm made to for SHOT. Otherwise, I find it a shithole. Walk the strip and see what I mean, with the lowlives handing out whorehouse flyers, etc. and being in your face about it.

Go see Hoover Dam.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Walk the strip and see what I mean, with the lowlives handing out whorehouse flyers, etc. and being in your face about it.
    5 might be a bit young, but the teenagers get a lesson out of it. Different lesson for boys and girls, but a lesson still.

My favorite restaurant in Vegas is Lotus of Siam. Thai, obviously. It's off the strip, but you've got wheels. Prices were reasonable for Vegas at the original location. They had a fire/flood/something a couple of years ago and moved from the original location. The new place looks a lot nicer than the old strip mall (it had "character"), but I haven't been to the new location.

The garlic prawns... Mmmmm.. https://lotusofsiamlv.com/
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

As soon as I hit the ground in Vegas.. I leave. I like going out to Hoover Dam. There's good food at Dillingers in Boulder City and they have a good museum basically across the street. Pro Gun Club is nearby as well and I like to shoot there.

I like hiking up into Red Rock Canyon. My kids got an eyeful up there once as we came across a photographer doing a nude photo shoot with a couple ladies. My 6 y.o. boy (now 22) was fascinated... LOL...

I've been to so many buying shows, conventions and business meetings in Vegas, you basically have to pay me to go there now. God I hate that place, but I love the surrounding desert.

I just went there for a conference. I can't stand that town, really feel like punching people within half day of being there. With that disclaimer, you can get some great food there, women usually like the outlet shopping, and some shows are pretty good, depending on what you like.
    Last edited by YVK; 06-27-2019 at 07:50 PM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List