Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Marshals Approve Deltapoint

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Just bumping this to reflect the USMS is now issuing RMR equipped G17s to new DUSMs at FLETC and will be transitioning the rest of USMS to RMR equipped G17s as their issued duty pistol. AFAIK their POW policy and 2011s for SOG will all remain.
    So now ICE and USMS are starting basic academy candidates with RDS equipped duty pistols. Anyone else on the federal side make this standard practice yet? I heard a rumor that FBI was planning to but don’t know what the actual status is.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I would be surprised if we don't see closed emitter dot pistol sights from Leupold and Trijicon between now and SHOT 23 or introduced at SHOT 23.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    I would be surprised if we don't see closed emitter dot pistol sights from Leupold and Trijicon between now and SHOT 23 or introduced at SHOT 23.
    Leupold already introduced a closed emitter. 👌
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Leupold already introduced a closed emitter. 👌
    You're right, I forgot about the Delta Point Micro. I was thinking more along the lines of a traditional sized one like the ACRO, Holosun 509 or the Steiner.

https://www.leupold.com/deltapoint-micro-glock

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    So now ICE and USMS are starting basic academy candidates with RDS equipped duty pistols. Anyone else on the federal side make this standard practice yet? I heard a rumor that FBI was planning to but don’t know what the actual status is.
    FBI and USSS are working on it. It will happen but timeline is TBD.

FBI local /regional SWAT and FIs are currently using the G19M MOS with type 2 RMRs. Last I heard was they were using C&H plates. It’s not clear of the general agent population will get MOS or an optic specific cut.

Closed emitters are now available from:

Aimpoint (started this trend, I believe, with the ACRO P1)
    Steiner
    SiG
    Holosun

Anyone I'm missing?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Just bumping this to reflect the USMS is now issuing RMR equipped G17s to new DUSMs at FLETC and will be transitioning the rest of USMS to RMR equipped G17s as their issued duty pistol. AFAIK their POW policy and 2011s for SOG will all remain.
    It is interesting that the RMR is being used as a general issue optic. Have they no concern over employees changing their own batteries and over/under tightening screws and failing to confirm some sort of zero after the change?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    It is interesting that the RMR is being used as a general issue optic. Have they no concern over employees changing their own batteries and over/under tightening screws and failing to confirm some sort of zero after the change?

Durability seems to drive both the RMR and closed emitter choices.

Not sure how the USMS are doing it or have been doing it with POWs.

The BU will have FIs or SWAT TLs change batteries.

We are allowing end users to change Romeo1PRO batteries since dismounting the sight is not required but RMRs and RomeoZeros are supposed to have batteries swapped by an FI or armorer.

Zero can be rough checked via co-witness, though live confirmation is preferable.

Site Supporter
    The issue is do you compromise the integrity of the closed emitter optic to keep your proprietary foot print (like SIG’s half-assing of the Romeo2) or do you embrace the closed emitter via a new side bolt footprint of your own ? Or adopt the ACRO footprint ?

Durability seems to drive both the RMR and closed emitter choices.

Not sure how the USMS are doing it or have been doing it with POWs.

The BU will have FIs or SWAT TLs change batteries.

We are allowing end users to change Romeo1PRO batteries since dismounting the sight is not required but RMRs and RomeoZeros are supposed to have batteries swapped by an FI or armorer.

Zero can be rough checked via co-witness, though live confirmation is preferable.
    The RMR is really the yardstick. For good reason since it is really the first thing to be "seriously" attached to a duty slide.

But in today's market I think I'd be hard pressed to choose it as a departmental optic. Especially a big department where the officer and FI may only see each other a few times a year.

User Tag List