Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Marshals Approve Deltapoint

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    No. But personLly owned Pistol RDS are approved service wide for DUSMs.
    Interesting. Any idea why they went with DPP; what kind of slide they can use (MOS or milled); and what model BUIS are they running?
    "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clark Jackson View Post
    Interesting. Any idea why they went with DPP; what kind of slide they can use (MOS or milled); and what model BUIS are they running?
    The DPPs in the article are on SOG (USMS SWAT) issued STI 2011’s. No idea if they are milled or using STIs HOST system. SOG is a pretty small organization.

Speculating here but but like EOtechs, if you are using an RDS on short term, proactive missions you can just throw in fresh batteries before every mission and not worry about battery life. Trijicon s release of the SRO clearly illustrates the advantages of the DPPs bigger window over the RMR in terms of pure performance. This mirrors GJMs comments about the DPP being a superior “gaming optic.”

The regular deputies I have seen with RDS have had a mix of DPP and RMR on Glocks. Milled slides are an option but I’m not up on the details.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I am thinking that by Sept/October, new and repaired units will have the latest internals. This is what the new board looks like.

Attachment 39709
    Whats the battery life on the upgraded units when the dot is left on the brightness appropriate for defensive use?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Whats the battery life on the upgraded units when the dot is left on the brightness appropriate for defensive use?
    I don’t know, but a feature of the DeltaPoint Pro is it goes to sleep after five minutes without motion, to extend battery life. The Pro is also the easiest red dot I have looked at, to change the battery.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I don’t know, but a feature of the DeltaPoint Pro is it goes to sleep after five minutes without motion, to extend battery life. The Pro is also the easiest red dot I have looked at, to change the battery.
    Ok thanks GJM. Im seem to recall battery life was an issue in the original issue. It will be interesting to follow your experiences with this upgraded unit.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The DPPs in the article are on SOG (USMS SWAT) issued STI 2011’s. No idea if they are milled or using STIs HOST system. SOG is a pretty small organization.

Speculating here but but like EOtechs, if you are using an RDS on short term, proactive missions you can just throw in fresh batteries before every mission and not worry about battery life. Trijicon s release of the SRO clearly illustrates the advantages of the DPPs bigger window over the RMR in terms of pure performance. This mirrors GJMs comments about the DPP being a superior “gaming optic.”

The regular deputies I have seen with RDS have had a mix of DPP and RMR on Glocks. Milled slides are an option but I’m not up on the details.
    The new STI guns have a “Duo” host cut. Meaning that it is a direct mill cut for the DPP and a plate system for using the RMR’s. It’s a pretty neat system. It also includes a Dawson rear sight that will mount directly to the DPP.

Site Supporter
    Anyone know what 2011's they use?

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Anyone know what 2011's they use?
    Guessing STI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    Guessing STI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Right, I gathered that much from it being stated " STI 2011s" lol. Was curious if anyone knew what STI?

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Right, I gathered that much from it being stated " STI 2011s" lol. Was curious if anyone knew what STI?
    Reached out to a TF DUSM I shoot w/ & he said the last time he was training w/ SOG @ Camp Beauregard he *thought* it was DVC-P's they were using, not 100% but he's an STI toter so 'prolly accurate.
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 07-08-2019 at 08:12 PM.

User Tag List