Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Marshals Approve Deltapoint

Name:  CFBE169A-DC25-41AA-9C2A-2E6F5B309423.jpg
Views: 3044
Size:  43.7 KB
    Name:  3CA2CD60-378A-42F3-B38E-B48D0E38E090.jpg
Views: 1146
Size:  65.5 KB
    They chose the STI STACCATO P Duo. It’s a 4.15” commander size gun in 9mm. The top photo is my personal Staccato P with RMR06 and the bottom picture is an issued gun from @buckp79 Instagram page. He is STI’s LE contact.

I can’t believe they picked this.

https://www.guns.com/news/2019/07/24...i-2011-pistols
    #RESIST

P&S recently had an episode about STI and the STI employee discussed the SOG testing and selection a little bit. It was an interesting episode. Definitely made me want to put a few rounds through a Staccato P just to see if they’re all they’re cracked up to be.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post

What would Tommy Lee Jones think?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    P&S recently had an episode about STI and the STI employee discussed the SOG testing and selection a little bit. It was an interesting episode. Definitely made me want to put a few rounds through a Staccato P just to see if they’re all they’re cracked up to be.
    One of their tactical brand ambassadors Matt Little (greybeard actual) has a review on his IG. He reports 4,000 rounds without cleaning it and without problems.

He's a no joke badass. He's been on Asian Jedis podcast before and a few others. A USPSA M class guy, special forces guy, retired SWAT guy for a large PD.

Of course YMMV

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Site Supporter

Why not ?

The USMS have always done weird stuff with firearms choices and training.

Their SOG (their version of SWAT) have issued and carried S&W 4505’s, 1911’s Ofc the FBI SA PRO contract etc.

STI has made changes in both their products and product line, particularly magazines, to gear it towards LE Duty use. They are also now approved for some LAPD units as well though I believe that is via their personally owned 1911 program.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    What would Tommy Lee Jones think?
    TLJ only offered a quick response as the firearm in question was not a nickel plated Taurus . . .

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I just listened to that one at the office today. I'm certainly intrigued and wouldn't mind shooting one . . . I just don't see having one of my own anytime soon due to not having $2500 kicking around.
    Last edited by ragnar_d; 08-26-2019 at 09:07 PM.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Believe it brother.

It's not a bad choice. Just expensive.

Site Supporter
    Bumping this thread to note the USMS is now issuing RMR equipped G17s to new DUSMs going through FLETC and will be / are transitioning the rest of the USMS.

Site Supporter
    Just bumping this to reflect the USMS is now issuing RMR equipped G17s to new DUSMs at FLETC and will be transitioning the rest of USMS to RMR equipped G17s as their issued duty pistol. AFAIK their POW policy and 2011s for SOG will all remain.

User Tag List