Thread: Red to green?

Red or green?

I am going to order the Holosun SCS for a Gen5 Glock 19 MOS, should I go with the red or green reticle? I have no experience with slide mounted optics (or any other for that matter) on a pistol.
    Last edited by dsa; 04-11-2022 at 11:38 AM.

I would suggest looking at each first if you have not done that. The green Holosun I looked at was very bright, too bright for my tastes. That surprised me only because my eyes tend to see yellow/green better and I know the green lasers we had were better during day time. As with anything each person is different and you may not like it as much. Good thing is if you just buy it and don't like it reselling will be easy.

It is probably greatly personal preference.

With that said, a friend and I informally experimented (aka messed around) with the Holosun 508 in both green and red. We've seen that the green is a bit easier to see when working in lowlight and/or indoors where a weapon light or handheld may come into play. It also seems to be easier to see when in auto adjust where the optic sensors may be confused by background lighting.

Not definitely ready to say that the green is "better" but there may be some advantages.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

User Tag List