Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Velcro backed soft holster

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I carry a Shield in the large. It's got some room, but not a lot. It's certainly designed for a thin pistol.

The little water bottles are mostly an affectation. They are really small. I think about 4oz, but I can double check if it's a deal breaker for you.
    Thanks for the offer to check, but don't worry about it. The video you linked said the bottles were 7oz (hopefully not 7oz between them!). I was looking over the photos of the fanny pack and I was thinking that if I bought it I would get rid of the small bottles and carry a single 1/2 liter Nalgene bottle in one of the holders, leaving the other empty. The link also says it will hold a G19, so a G26 should be no problem.

My biggest concern is the overall size. Too small and it won't hold my G26. Too big and I'll feel like I have a suitcase. I need to find the Goldilocks of waste packs. Hope this is it.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonshot View Post
    I was thinking that if I bought it I would get rid of the small bottles and carry a single 1/2 liter Nalgene bottle in one of the holders, leaving the other empty.
    Doubtful. The little bottles it comes with are kind of kidney shaped and each pouch is very tight. That's why I said they are mostly an affectation. Think of them as camouflage hiding that it's a purpose built gun pack.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Look at the holsters from Maxpedition and Vertx. I have one of the Vertx "tactigami" holsters for use in my Vertx Gamut, and it seems pretty decent to me so far. I keep a P320 Compact in it. They are a bit annoying to fold the first time, but everything seems sound.

User Tag List