Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Michigan BOLO for deputy’s lost AR15

Michigan BOLO for deputy’s lost AR15

https://www.9and10news.com/2019/06/2...missing-rifle/

A month after it initially happened, the Kalkaska County Sheriff’s Office is asking for helping finding an AR-15 that a deputy lost.

The sheriff’s office says it happened sometime between May 15 and May 20.

The sheriff’s office tells us the deputy put his AR-15 on top of his patrol car while he was adjusting some equipment, forgot about it and drove off.
    #RESIST

This is why we can't have nice things.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Send to:

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

It's probably next to the three pairs of Oakleys I lost a few years ago by leaving them on top of my car...

I know a deputy that had a similar incident with his BUG. Placed a Glock 26 on the roof of his patrol car and got a hot call. Forgot all about the pistol and drove off. Wasn't able to find it a short time later and it hasn't turned up yet.

This reminds me of the time that the cadre at the Reserve Medical Officer’s Basic Course decided (in their infinite wisdom) to have all of the newly commissioned officers draw M-16 for the FTX at Camp Bullis. Keep in mind that most of the trainees were physicians, nurse anesthetists, and the like who may have been directly commissioned to grades higher than O-1, but had never put on a uniform until 1 week prior to the event. You know...because it’s vital for medical professionals to drag around weapons that they will never be issued to teach them about attention to detail...over a 5 day period.

So, we knew that it would be a fun 5 days when one particularly unlucky doc managed to drop his rifle in the latrine on the first day. Apparently, he had propped it up on a 2X4 crossbar above the shitter and knocked it over when adjusting his uniform. That sombitch did a nosedive, muzzle first, into the black hole of despair with a giant blue splash back. I mean, it was a perfect hole in one.

Then came land navigation. Now, Bullis has a pretty easy land nav course compared to say Ft. Lewis or Harmony Church. However, take a bunch of out-of-shape 40 and 50 year olds who can’t get their car GPS to work, much less a compass, put them in 95 degree heat, and you will have some fun and lost weapons. The first heat casualty happened about 1 hour into the festivities. That resulted in a bunch of well-meaning trainee-doctors arguing with the enlisted cadre on how to save their battle buddies. At least 3 more M16 were left in the field by students who were trying to carry their sick comrades. What is the cadre response to this? A police call - with weapons, of course. So, the remaining trainees all line up with arms extended and start looking for the lost rifles. This results in more heat casualties and “missing” weapons. You get the picture.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

CWM11B
    That's some funny shit @Sensei. And I can totally see that happening. There are three service pistols from my former agency still roaming in the wild due to a lack of vehicle rooftop friction coefficient and sudden acceleration. And one SAGE SL6 37mm multilauncher.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    That's some funny shit @Sensei. And I can totally see that happening. There are three service pistols from my former agency still roaming in the wild due to a lack of vehicle rooftop friction coefficient and sudden acceleration. And one SAGE SL6 37mm multilauncher.
    No shit. That’s yall’s. Why didn’t you say so homie? I found that mofo in the parking lot of the Krispy Kreme on Stratford Rd. You know, the one across from Thruway...
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

CWM11B
    HA! The poor bastard who lost it would like it back, since it cost him a month's pay. Dude was a shit magnet 😆

Banned
    There was an incident in Colorado Springs several years ago in which the trunk lock on a police car popped open and the cop's M16 (not AR) bounced out.

They actually ended up catching the guy who found it and kept it during a traffic stop a few years later. It was in the trunk of his car. His defense was he meant to turn it in but forgot.

User Tag List