Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jerry Miculek's technique for controlling recoil and muzzle flip.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Never seen the pole demo. That's a novel and unique visual.
    Same! Completely new way to think about and demo to others.

I was half expecting, "First, have hands the size of meatloafs..." The pole was way better.

Always like running into Jerry at Ft Benning. He’s a great guy and willing to talk to everyone. Spent a half hour talking to him about his African Safaris he recently went on last time I ran into him.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    "What I call rapid fire is when you get around six rounds a second..."

I'd say so...

Jerry is a unique dude. I'm always thankful that he is willing to share some of his knowledge and experience.
    Speaking as someone who uses a sundial for a shot-timer, I am always in awe of Mr Miculek's talents.

I've not seen this visual but I've been told something similar, in terms of pulling down on a vertical rope and engaging back muscles.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Site Supporter
    Look at the size of his hands and forearms relative to his upper arms. I understand JM has great technique. I also suspect that his hand and forearm strength are superlative as well. He looks "country boy/factory guy" strong-the kind of strong you only get from genetics + doing repeated movements under "load" over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    "What I call rapid fire is when you get around six rounds a second..."

I'd say so...

Jerry is a unique dude. I'm always thankful that he is willing to share some of his knowledge and experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I guffawed on that one. Someday. Maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Speaking as someone who uses a sundial for a shot-timer, I am always in awe of Mr Miculek's talents.
    These guys^^^^

I paused and rewound the demo about 10 times to try to count the number of rounds he fires in the last string. It's 7 or 8, but it's hard to tell, because the last couple of rounds are so close together.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Look at the size of his hands and forearms relative to his upper arms. I understand JM has great technique. I also suspect that his hand and forearm strength are superlative as well. He looks "country boy/factory guy" strong-the kind of strong you only get from genetics + doing repeated movements under "load" over and over again.
    It's true that Jerry is very strong. And has extremely strong hands, no doubt. But also, let's be clear, holding a 2-4 pound handgun and shooting it doesn't require all the muscle in the world. It requires the right tension and leverage. It's not difficult to control recoil on the vast majority of guns. The difficult ones are the big ass magnums and in those cases, yes being strong enough to castrate bulls with nothing but your hands is probably helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    I've shook hands with Jerry once a couple decades ago. I consider myself a strong man with strong hands, but small hands. I work with my hands every day. He's on a whole another level. Those big mitts are not piano fingers. They dwarf normal men's hands and you could tell he could crush you into submission.

I'm going to check out this method. It's interesting.

His nickname should be Jerry ‘full-auto’ Miculek...I mean seriously, him shooting an M&P sounds like a SBR on 3 shot (well, 5-7) bursts...insane!

Site Supporter
    randy -

I was half expecting, "First, have hands the size of meatloafs..."

This ^^^^^ certainly doesn't hurt the process. My order of new XXXXXXL mitts is still on backorder.

I found this advice very useful.

Grabbing a piece of pipe out of the garage and following the instruction was an ah ha! moment for me. I'm going to hit the range in the next few days to work with that new programming.

I never met him but Jerry seems to be one cool dude and is someone who I think every one of us would love to have as a neighbor. :-)

User Tag List