Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: USPSA Carry Optics pistols

"That led me to try the CZ P09, which I had Primary Machine direct mill for a DP Pro. I really liked the P09, but after a month or so I ran into the problem where I could get click instead of bang on double action shots."

What is the solution for "click instead of bang" on double action shots with the P-09?
    Last edited by 1911Nut; 06-26-2019 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    "That led me to try the CZ P09, which I had Primary Machine direct mill for a DP Pro. I really liked the P09, but after a month or so I ran into the problem where I could get click instead of bang on double action shots."

What is the solution for "click instead of bang" on double action shots with the P-09?
    This has already been discussed at length in several threads. See post #278 and following:
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....roblems/page28
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Thank you very much for the quick response. I recall the discussion, but hadn't paid all that much attention to it, as I was totally focused on Shadow 1 pistols (and still am).

But I have a CGW P-09 on the way to me and my interest has renewed. I appreciate this forum and all the knowledge base that makes it such a valuable and enjoyable resource.

@GJM I don't recall from the P09 thread but did you have failure to fire issues with the stock CZ P09 trigger components?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

why not a CZ shadow instead of Shadow 2??? It meets the weight without any extra work. The same magazines and grips as Shadow 2. Even a holster that works for Shadow 2 would be a good fit for Shadow. (Not the other way around). I shot both a lot. The same internal parts. The difference it like between G17 and G34. If you like DA/SA guns and your production gun is Shadow 2, I do not understand why you need a Shadow 2. Get a used Accushadow and you are good to go

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    Thank you very much for the quick response. I recall the discussion, but hadn't paid all that much attention to it, as I was totally focused on Shadow 1 pistols (and still am).

But I have a CGW P-09 on the way to me and my interest has renewed. I appreciate this forum and all the knowledge base that makes it such a valuable and enjoyable resource.
    I suggest that you follow the instructions in the linked thread, so you can see what it takes to cause the hammer to drop to half cock. I have been able to do it with every 09 or 07 I’ve tried, regardless of parts. For me, it takes a very contrived trigger pull. @GJM and I do not agree about whether this is a problem. I understand why he thinks it is, but I do not. I’m carrying a Cajunized P07 right now.

USPSA Carry Optics pistols

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    @GJM I don't recall from the P09 thread but did you have failure to fire issues with the stock CZ P09 trigger components?
    Yes. It was not a CGW problem.

Please go through the threads guys, this is one serious fucking rabbit hole every time it comes up. I know it’s a shot ton of info. This is not a problem that everyone has, buy one and shoot it. See if it happens to you. If so move on. If not happy trails with a badass da/sa pistol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Trukinjp13; 06-26-2019 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Grammar bullshit

USPSA Carry Optics pistols

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    why not a CZ shadow instead of Shadow 2??? It meets the weight without any extra work. The same magazines and grips as Shadow 2. Even a holster that works for Shadow 2 would be a good fit for Shadow. (Not the other way around). I shot both a lot. The same internal parts. The difference it like between G17 and G34. If you like DA/SA guns and your production gun is Shadow 2, I do not understand why you need a Shadow 2. Get a used Accushadow and you are good to go
    The S2 fits me better, and why not go with the latest, best gun? A few $100 more and a trip to the shop isn’t a big deal in the USPSA world.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 06-26-2019 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Yes. It was not a CGW problem.

Please go through the threads guys, this is one serious fucking rabbit hole every time it comes up. I know it’s a shot ton of info. This is not a problem that everyone has, buy one and shoot it. See if it happens to you. If so move on. If not happy trails with a badass da/sa pistol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I did read the thread and I didn't want to read it again. That's why I tagged GJM and asked him the question being that he's the OP and all.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    The S2 fits me better, and why not go with the latest, best gun? A few $100 more and a trip to the shop isn’t a big deal in the USPSA world.
    Shadow has the same grips. It feels 99.99% the same with the same grips. I still have both - you are welcome to try. Regarding the "latest, best" - again - all the internal parts are the same and interchangeable. All the parts used in Shadow 2 can be used in Shadow. The frame and the slide are a little different but it is absolutely not worth any metal removal to meet the weight. I am pretty sure that the removal a of any metal from the frame and slide does not make it "better". As someone who broke a slide on Shadow and a frame on Shadow 2, I am sensitive to this type of modification.
    Last edited by cheby; 06-26-2019 at 01:37 PM.

User Tag List