Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: USPSA Carry Optics pistols

Will you add the Grayguns competition trigger/action package, @GJM?
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Will you add the Grayguns competition trigger/action package, @GJM?
    We have been using fire control units with the GGI trigger, that were in her X5 pistols, although the OEM Legion trigger is pretty darn good.

Since my wife has been shooting a pair of 320 X5 pistols and really liking them, we got her a pair of the new 320 Legions. She really likes them but has been having sporadic stoppages with both of them, using 115 ball PMC and AE which runs fine in her other X5 pistols.

After a fair amount of trouble shooting, switching slides and recoil springs, the trouble seems to be with the Legion lowers. I have no idea what is going on, but a difference is the Tungsten in the Legion lowers which may change the characteristics of the polymer lowers.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    We have been using fire control units with the GGI trigger, that were in her X5 pistols, although the OEM Legion trigger is pretty darn good.

Since my wife has been shooting a pair of 320 X5 pistols and really liking them, we got her a pair of the new 320 Legions. She really likes them but has been having sporadic stoppages with both of them, using 115 ball PMC and AE which runs fine in her other X5 pistols.

After a fair amount of trouble shooting, switching slides and recoil springs, the trouble seems to be with the Legion lowers. I have no idea what is going on, but a difference is the Tungsten in the Legion lowers which may change the characteristics of the polymer lowers.
    Any update to observations of these or the top alternative contenders (ie P10-F)?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

Which recoil spring are you using on the Legions?

I've been lucky and my older X5 and Legion eat up 115gr no issues with 10-17# recoil springs (my 320s are a lot less fussy about recoil spring rate than any other striker fire gun I've owned though). My X5s even like wolf steel case ammo and shoot it shockingly well.
    Last edited by matt7184; 08-01-2019 at 04:46 AM.

Great thread. Since I moved to CO last year I have been absorbed in the sport. Started with the 34 MOS and while it’s solid (it’s a glock), I made a move in the spring to the Shadow 2 and had CZC put the plate system for the DPP. I have never looked back. Absolutely love this gun

I had tried the Walther Q5 Steel but didn’t really like the grip, the rest of the polymer guns, the 34 imo was as good or better. Of course unlike GJM, I didn’t get to try every gun that is made, lol. Not a big fan of the Sig so the 320 X5 didn’t do anything for me the glock didn’t do. A buddy just got the 320 Legion recently and it was having some malfunctions in a match (keep having to hit the back to go back into battery). It was his first match with it, so maybe it was just some teething problems of a new gun. He let me shoot it after the match and I was surprised how gritty the trigger felt, especially dry firing it, wasn’t as bad shooting and was a little surprised it wasn’t that great. It’s just a sample of one, and one mag shot out of it, so not really all that meaningful, it felt like a heavy 320 X5 which wasn’t bad at all, but I’ll take my S2 everyday, worth every penny to have the optic plate put on it.

I really want to get the SRO optic but want to make sure the bugs are worked out. Shot a gun with one and the brightness of the dot and shape of the glass made it way easier to pick up at speed, it was awesome. Really disappointed to hear it is having issues but hopefully it’s just the usually new product kinks that get worked out.

User Tag List