Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Looking for precision rifle optic suggestions

After lots of hours reading, I decided on the Brownells MPO 5-25 like @LittleLebowski has - if I don’t like it, I’ll return it and get a Vortex PST Gen II 5-25.

Thanks, everyone - longest purchase decision ever! I’ll probably be back for ring advice.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by TWR View Post
    Yep, once I started dialing, I was bewildered at all the “things” that could cause you to miss. Then I dialed an SWFA scope and 90% of those “things” disappeared. Never had to adjust zero after a months worth of bouncing around on the 4 wheeler. I’m pretty much sold with SWFA.
    Yep. A guy on another forum mounts their scopes on rifles then makes video of himself throwing the rifle high in the air and letting it crash down on rocky ground. He does this several times, then starts making hits at long range.

Now if SWFA could improve their glass quality and stop backordering everything, then we'd be onto something.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    After lots of hours reading, I decided on the Brownells MPO 5-25 like @LittleLebowski has - if I don’t like it, I’ll return it and get a Vortex PST Gen II 5-25.

Thanks, everyone - longest purchase decision ever! I’ll probably be back for ring advice.
    I was just getting ready to tell you that I love mine and I have two now. I hope you bought through the PF link
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Yep. A guy on another forum mounts their scopes on rifles then makes video of himself throwing the rifle high in the air and letting it crash down on rocky ground. He does this several times, then starts making hits at long range.

Now if SWFA could improve their glass quality and stop backordering everything, then we'd be onto something.

Okie John
    Ya Stick has sold more scopes for them than anyone for sure.

I really like their HD line but it amazes most everyone when you start making hits at 1000 yards with a 6x or even a 10x $300 scope. The 10x HD that I had was probably on par with any scope I ever looked through but at the time, I didn't want a fixed 10x and sold it, regrets...

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I was just getting ready to tell you that I love mine and I have two now. I hope you bought through the PF link
    I did follow the link, I hope it shows up.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Quote Originally Posted by TWR View Post
    Ya Stick has sold more scopes for them than anyone for sure.

I really like their HD line but it amazes most everyone when you start making hits at 1000 yards with a 6x or even a 10x $300 scope. The 10x HD that I had was probably on par with any scope I ever looked through but at the time, I didn't want a fixed 10x and sold it, regrets...
    I have a non-HD 10x and 12x I’m keeping - the 10x will probably go on a new .22lr build (the new club has a group of guys that lob rimfire out to 100) and the 12x on the RPR.
    Ken

I have a 10x classic on my 10/22 and it’s really not a bad fit.

On my coyote calling rifle I have the 3-9 HD cause anything coming to eat me, I want to be able to see it quick!

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    the MPO is a LOW made optic so i think you made the right call vs the Viper.

User Tag List