Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reloading

Reloading

I'm looking at the cost of ammo by the case and I'm thinking it may be worthwhile to reload.
    Any reloaders on this site? I have reloaded before on a single stage but am not reloading anything now.
    I have been looking at progressive's and wonder if there are any recommendations here?

Site Supporter
    Dillon 1050.

I reload 9mm for about 125 per case.

-Sent using Tapatalk.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    Dillon 1050.

I reload 9mm for about 125 per case.

-Sent using Tapatalk.
    What are the components?

Site Supporter
    Montana Gold 124 CMJ
    Vhit N320
    Fed primer

-Sent using Tapatalk.

Im thinking the 1050 is way out of my league. I was thinking the Hornady Lock n load. I have just started looking so I really dont have a good idea yet.

If you want versatility and economy, go Dillon 550 and shoot lead

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WyoXd View Post
    If you want versatility and economy, go Dillon 550 and shoot lead

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk
    I'm going to be shooting a P30. It has the polygonal barrel. Can I shoot lead through that?

I also run a Dillon 1050, with a Mr. Bullet feeder. It's a big investment, but if you want to crank out rounds by the caseload, there's nothing finer.

I load 147grn. XTreme Bullets copper-plated LRNs over Hodgdon Titegroup, with a Fiocchi or Federal primer, in once-fired brass. I'm paying about $100-110/case, depending on shipping and bulk discounts.

-C

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rhines View Post
    I also run a Dillon 1050, with a Mr. Bullet feeder. It's a big investment, but if you want to crank out rounds by the caseload, there's nothing finer.

I load 147grn. XTreme Bullets copper-plated LRNs over Hodgdon Titegroup, with a Fiocchi or Federal primer, in once-fired brass. I'm paying about $100-110/case, depending on shipping and bulk discounts.

-C
    Thats a good price. I probably won't be cranking out caseloads however. If I set my goal for 3-4000 a year that would probably be the max.
    I would like to be able to have the option of inexpensively shooting 124 or 147 for practice.

9 is a little frustrating to reload but it's still worth it; you'll pay off your capital in the first year or two at 4000 rounds per year, faster if you mess with other cartridges. I think that you should look really, really hard at the 550. It's awfully versatile.
    Ignore Alien Orders

User Tag List