Thread: JMCK + DSG + DCC

Site Supporter

JMCK + DSG + DCC

I didn't think I was ever going to find a way to carry appendix but it finally came together for me, and it only took products from three companies to make it happen. JMCK 2.5 and optic cut 2.0, DSG Dark Wing, and DCC Mod 4 universal clips. The 2.0 is a little more stable and conceals slightly better for me but they are both working very well.

If you're like me and struggle with printing at the beltline this might be the answer for you.

Name:  0624191619g~2.jpg
Views: 886
Size:  81.8 KB

Did you try using the wing that came standard with the 2.5? If so, what do you like more about the DSG wing?

Needs a muzzle pad.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Has anyone used a Dark Wing with a muzzle pad/wedge? Do they compliment each other well? My ability to conceal without a muzzle pad (and a claw/wing, for that matter) is significantly reduced. For those of us who always use a pad/wedge anyway, does the Dark Wing add an additional benefit over the standard claw/wing?

Quote Originally Posted by CR78 View Post
    Has anyone used a Dark Wing with a muzzle pad/wedge? Do they compliment each other well? My ability to conceal without a muzzle pad (and a claw/wing, for that matter) is significantly reduced. For those of us who always use a pad/wedge anyway, does the Dark Wing add an additional benefit over the standard claw/wing?
    What length holster are you using with the muzzle pad? I've run into this problem when using shorter holsters (Glock 19 length) because the pad is very close to the belt line. With Glock 17 or 34 length holsters I don't have that issue.

Site Supporter
    You can't see it in the pictures but both holsters have a wedge.

I've used the other wing and prefer the Dark Wing. It adds some outward muzzle rotation along with the grip tucking. I'm 6'1", 190 and have been struggling to get rid of a small but firm gut (hereditary curse of the men in my family). I need all the help I can get rotating the muzzle out and tucking the back of the slide in to my body, so the Dark Wing with a full size wedge is the ticket.

I have a JMCK 2.0 with the Raven wing and 1.5” overhooks.

I’ve been debating the same thing you’ve done - DC clips and a DSG Dark Wing.

Are there any wing and clip attachment hardware changes for the Dark Wing and Discreet Carry Clips needed or does the existing JM hardware work?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Both of those came with DCC clips so I'm not sure about differences on them compared to other hooks. I've changed a couple other holsters over to DCC hooks as well, and I wanna say the hardware was different on one of them. The 2.5 came with the modwing and I used the existing hardware to change it to the darkwing. I think I had to drill out the hole in the wing to make it fit the hardware. Tony was awesome and built the 2.0 for me in that configuration so I don't know if it uses the same hardware.

I wish I was more help but I've changed around so much stuff on holsters lately I can't remember what I had to do to what.

I’d be real curious to see a before and after on the improvement for the wing.

Guys, just an FYI, the hardware is the same for the dark wing and the mod wing whether it is a Wing Claw 2.0 or Wing Claw 2.5

Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

User Tag List