Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RFI: Carbine Gas FSB Cutout DROP IN Rails?

RFI: Carbine Gas FSB Cutout DROP IN Rails?

Hey guys,

Due to draconian policy, my Agency does not allow any modification to the rifle. I have however, begged, pleaded and coerced (not really) the armory staff into admitting that a drop in handguard such as the Magpul Moe SL is the SAME thing as an extruded aluminum free float DROP IN RAIL, ie it is NOT a modification.

So, having said that. What are my options these days?

Ive seen the Alpha rail from Troy.

What else is there?

I cant believe im about to say this but UTG/Leapers Pro-Line has an offering in Mlok that looks pretty damned nice:

https://leapers.com/index.php?act=pr...emno=MTU015SSM

Thanks in advance for the feedback and suggestions!

I want to say Daniel Defense used to do an Omega like that. I’ve been very happy with the Omegas I’ve owned, it may be worth looking for.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Hey guys,

Due to draconian policy, my Agency does not allow any modification to the rifle. I have however, begged, pleaded and coerced (not really) the armory staff into admitting that a drop in handguard such as the Magpul Moe SL is the SAME thing as an extruded aluminum free float DROP IN RAIL, ie it is NOT a modification.

So, having said that. What are my options these days?

Ive seen the Alpha rail from Troy.

What else is there?

I cant believe im about to say this but UTG/Leapers Pro-Line has an offering in Mlok that looks pretty damned nice:

https://leapers.com/index.php?act=pr...emno=MTU015SSM

Thanks in advance for the feedback and suggestions!
    Delta rail from Troy - I prefer the VTAC version to the cheese grater /Alpha version. The Charlie rail if you want full pictainny.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I want to say Daniel Defense used to do an Omega like that. I’ve been very happy with the Omegas I’ve owned, it may be worth looking for.
    The omega drop in FF is good, it’s just not extended.

HCM. I dig the Troy offerings, unfortunately there is a very strange picatinny section of rail underneath the damned FSB that I absolutely loath. I have no clue why its there other than perhaps some sort of structural reinforcement.

Any other options out there?

I know that there used to be an OMEGA rail that extended beyond the FSB I THINK. As per their website, I don't think that rail is still in production.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The omega drop in FF is good, it’s just not extended.
    I’m almost certain they used to do one.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I’d try the US made Leapers Pro in a New York minute.

https://www.primaryarms.com/leapers-...del-4-15-black
    #RESIST

The Midwest Ind. version appears to be out of production. A WTB ad for that or the Omega rail may be productive. Samson appears to have a model that's still in production.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I’d try the US made Leapers Pro in a New York minute.

https://www.primaryarms.com/leapers-...del-4-15-black
    UTG's drop in offering is forerunner in looks, attachment method and inner diameter/feel.

However, I cant help but get stuck in the stigma that surrounds Leapers...

Ive heard nothing but good things about the US made "Pro" stuff. Given the price, im inclined to say ^&#@ it and just go for it.
    Last edited by Magsz; 06-24-2019 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    UTG's drop in offering is forerunner in looks, attachment method and inner diameter/feel.

However, I cant help but get stuck in the stigma that surrounds Leapers...

Ive heard nothing but good things about the US made "Pro" stuff. Given the price, im inclined to say ^&#@ it and just go for it.
    Is there any chance that if it breaks, someone will use that as evidence that you shouldn’t have been allowed to change it in the first place? I’ve seen shit like that in the army before so I know the line of thinking is out there. If so, maybe it’s not worth the gamble?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List