Thread: Grip and finger angle.

Grip and finger angle.

Earlier i realized that when I get a high grip on my glock 19 if I stick my finger straight out it rest on the frame above the trigger. In order to reach the trigger my finger has to go out and down. This causes my finger to not only be at a strange angle but also to drag against the frame at the top of the trigger housing. I don't know if this makes sense. I wonder if the bend is hindering my shooting. I've been shooting them for years and just noticed.
    Name:  DABF02AC-10C4-40AD-A5D4-B6BA5F498DEE.jpg
Views: 746
Size:  24.8 KB
    Name:  D0C33AB8-E7AF-4C84-BFFF-77FDCE59F8EC.jpg
Views: 705
Size:  24.3 KB
    Last edited by camsdaddy; 06-23-2019 at 08:59 PM.

What are your scores on basic tests and drills?

The only reason I ask is to find out if it is hindering your shooting in some way. Frame drag can cause issues, but maybe not with you? If you are performing fine in your methods to measure your performance, it’s best not to worry about it.

Best answer with the information you provided is: it depends....
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

That sounds pretty typical of how most people interface with a Glock. Most likely it’s not an issue for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    What are your scores on basic tests and drills?

The only reason I ask is to find out if it is hindering your shooting in some way. Frame drag can cause issues, but maybe not with you? If you are performing fine in your methods to measure your performance, it’s best not to worry about it.

Best answer with the information you provided is: it depends....
    Im pretty sure my shooting suffers from far more than finger angle. I need to sit down and shoot some standards and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    That sounds pretty typical of how most people interface with a Glock. Most likely it’s not an issue for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I had never noticed and just wondered if it was normal.

Site Supporter
    With a high grip (and we're all told to do that) i think most folks with a medium to large hand will have to put the bend in that trigger finger. (smile)

Dave

I think that's normal for a glock. My trigger finger has callus where it rubs against the frame too.
    It looks like a p320 will be pretty straight, compared to a glock.

Here's Bob Vogel finger angle.
    Name:  robert-vogel-aim.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  27.5 KB
    Last edited by edison; 06-24-2019 at 03:12 PM.

Site Supporter
    "What are your scores on basic tests and drills?"

Pistol-forum has a wonderful library of skill drills. Pick a half dozen of them and shoot them on a regular basis and record the scores and make note of anything you have trouble with. That's one of the keys to improvement over time.

<Sarcasm>

Trade for a 1911, you'll no longer have this problem.

</Sarcasm>

The angle at which you interface with the trigger is only important if it's such that it causes you to not be able to move the trigger as straight back as possible. The goal with the trigger is always - get it pressed as straight backwards as possible, without disrupting the sights (too much). If you drag the frame, that's fine, as long as it doesn't bother you from a shooting perspective.

Great conversation piece. I have often theorized that this angle and frame finger interference is part of the cause of glock left-itis.

User Tag List