Thread: Drills and techniques to build RDS proficiency

Drills and techniques to build RDS proficiency

For those who have been down this road, what specifically should a guy who has fired maybe twenty rounds through a RDS pistol in his life focus on to begin obtaining competency? My immediate concerns are 1) finding the dot and 2) building speed at close to intermediate range. Right now, my plan is daily dry presentations while focusing on the target and bringing the backplate to my nose. Apart from that, is there anything in particular I should be doing?

@AsianJedi did a small series of Youtube videos on his channel a year ago with some techniques. You might go check them out.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    For those who have been down this road, what specifically should a guy who has fired maybe twenty rounds through a RDS pistol in his life focus on to begin obtaining competency? My immediate concerns are 1) finding the dot and 2) building speed at close to intermediate range. Right now, my plan is daily dry presentations while focusing on the target and bringing the backplate to my nose. Apart from that, is there anything in particular I should be doing?
    Where did you get the back plate to your nose from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    FAST Coin Owner #15
    Paper M in Carry Optics #A96020
    Point 1 Tactics Elite Standards Coin #4

Quote Originally Posted by AsianJedi View Post
    Where did you get the back plate to your nose from?

I think it was one of GJM's posts somewhere. As I won't have the RMR in hand until tomorrow, I can't say how well that works/doesn't work for me yet.
    Last edited by ssb; 06-23-2019 at 09:20 PM.

I think it was one of GJM's posts somewhere. As I won't have the RMR in hand until tomorrow, I can't say how well that works/doesn't work for me yet.
    This back plate to the nose is a new one for me.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    This back plate to the nose is a new one for me.
    Whew. Got worried for a sec there. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

FAST Coin Owner #15

The nose to the backplate and a straight out presentation can work but it is inefficient. It uses two straight lines to do the same work one straight can accomplish.

Instead start at a high compressed ready. Lift the gun to your dominant eye. Make sure not throw in an useless motion. Just the dot to you eye line.

If you are shooting a Glock expect the dot to drop from 12 to your intended target. Once you have this wired. Pick up the pace. MAKE SURE TO NOT THROW IN ANY USELESS MOTION WHEN YOU TRY TO GO FASTER.

Watch my YouTube videos for some more guidance. Best of luck.

FAST Coin Owner #15

User Tag List