Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistols I saw last week & what stood out

Quote Originally Posted by schüler View Post
    On the other hand Seeklander runs them hard and still uses them.
    Doesn't sound like it.
    Last edited by HopetonBrown; 06-28-2019 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    Doesn't sound like it.
    Maybe he had a reason when he video'd his current skill video series. XD series.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    The Apex barrel is about the only viable option.. I'd consider sending the slide in to Apex and have them fit a barrel to your slide, that way you know it was correctly fit up. But no, with the factory barrel, it won't work it's way out, it'll always be this way. The best thing you can do with the factory barrel after you get a Apex barrel installed, is to throw it in the trash..
    Anyway, good luck with it..
    Thank you!

Maybe he had a reason when he video'd his current skill video series. XD series.
    Hmm. I tend to take what paid shooters shoot with a big grain of salt.

Even when they shoot stuff I personally like.... Which is not XDs.
    "A man's character is his fate."

Quote Originally Posted by s0nspark View Post
    Hmm. I tend to take what paid shooters shoot with a big grain of salt.

Even when they shoot stuff I personally like.... Which is not XDs.
    To be clear, the videos I reference are in his pay-for Vimeo video instructional series, not his sponsored vids.

To be clear, the videos I reference are in his pay-for Vimeo video instructional series, not his sponsored vids.
    Understood... but paid is paid.

I'm not knocking Seeklander (or even XDs) ... I think it is dangerous to read too much into what any paid shooter is shooting when an audience is watching.

Anyhow, I'd be much more interested is seeing what they may choose to carry when no one is watching.
    Last edited by s0nspark; 06-28-2019 at 10:12 PM.
    "A man's character is his fate."

Site Supporter
    Sponsored shooters are paid to promote, use and be seen using the product in all their endeavors not just specific ones.

Is it one from this series?

https://youtu.be/HgtAFLsXnVs

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Sponsored shooters are paid to promote, use and be seen using the product in all their endeavors not just specific ones.
    Mike and TGO are tight. Nothing is unplanned, Mike is local to me, I’ve never seen him run an XD at a class or match...

Quote Originally Posted by Tod-13 View Post
    This wasn't some internet thing, this was a real, documented problem. GJM had a "Recent manufacture M&P 9 accuracy" thread with ToddG chiming in at times. https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....p-P-9-accuracy
    Quote Originally Posted by 358156hp View Post
    I have a really, really, really, late M&P 1.0 Compact, and it's demonstrating early unlocking big time. Do the guns tend to work (wear) their way out of this, or should I resign myself to an Apex barrel. The real issue for me here is that I tore the market apart, looking for an American made 9mm Compact, and the M&P was the only thing out there that checked all the boxes on my list. The M&P 2.0 Compact doesn't because Smiff made the grip too long when they made it into a 15 round. Anyway, I'm willing to put some money and effort in this one to bring it up to snuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    The Apex barrel is about the only viable option.. I'd consider sending the slide in to Apex and have them fit a barrel to your slide, that way you know it was correctly fit up. But no, with the factory barrel, it won't work it's way out, it'll always be this way. The best thing you can do with the factory barrel after you get a Apex barrel installed, is to throw it in the trash..
    Anyway, good luck with it..
    This was absolutely a real thing. One of my friends has a 9C that was shooting nearly 12" high at 25 yards during a 2011 class with Todd (he diagnosed the problem and recommended sending it back to the factory). Even a return trip to S&W didn't solve the problem (it still shoots really high but not as pronounced). I'd be surprised if even if the Apex barrel would solve that problem. In any case, she moved onto a G26.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List