Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Start Hiding the Books, CDs, Tapes, etc

Start Hiding the Books, CDs, Tapes, etc

Let's erase history one painting, statue, book, movie at a time...

San Francisco will spend up to $600,000 to paint over historical artwork at a public school depicting the life of George Washington, a mural once seen as educational and innovative but now criticized as racist and degrading for its depiction of black and Native American people.

The “Life of Washington” was painted by Victor Arnautoff, one of the foremost muralists in the San Francisco area during the Depression. The San Francisco School Board’s decision to paint over the 83-year-old mural is prompting some to worry that other artwork from the so-called New Deal era could face a similar fate because of changing sensitivities.

In addition to depicting Washington as a soldier, surveyor, statesman and signer of the Declaration of Independence, the 13-panel, 1,600-sqaure foot mural at George Washington High School contains images of white pioneers standing over the body of a Native American and slaves working at Washington’s Mount Vernon estate in Virginia.
    American Taliban, anyone?
    Last edited by blues; 07-04-2019 at 03:42 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

https://youtu.be/XvGmOZ5T6_Y

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Let's erase history one painting, statue, book, movie at a time...

American Taliban, anyone?

It's a cycle
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    Thanks for making me feel even worse. Some of my family members may have been in those shots at Auschwitz.

(Actually, when I have the opportunity I'll try to watch the entire video. It's not a surprise but it's still painful.)

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Thanks for making me feel even worse. Some of my family members may have been in those shots at Auschwitz.

(Actually, when I have the opportunity I'll try to watch the entire video. It's not a surprise but it's still painful.)
    If you watch it you'll be angrier. My apologies.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    If you watch it you'll be angrier. My apologies.
    None necessary. A good dose of reality is good medicine regardless of its taste.

Stuff like this makes me want to go and deliberately look for an asshole to offend.....

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Stuff like this makes me want to go and deliberately look for an asshole to offend.....
    LSP in Rhode Island isn't enough?

(Just kiddin' brother. They're lucky to have ya.)

Nonsense only makes sense if sense makes sense. You cannot have incongruity without congruity. And you cannot have congruity unless things go together in a particular way. If the meaning of anything is the meaning assigned to it by whoever is present and arbitrarily willing to assign meanings, then this is just another way of saying that everything is actually meaningless, including meaninglessness.

We used to be able to publicly reason by asking "according to what standard". Now even asking the question is an admission of heresy.
    Last edited by Gray01; 07-04-2019 at 08:11 PM.

Sigh...some of the people in this country...

This continued practice of erasing history is absolutely ridiculous. Instead of looking back on it and being disgusted and thinking we need to erase these “monuments to slavery/racism/etc” how about we leave it alone and use it as a way to show that while our country engaged in some terrible practices, we’ve come a long way in realizing how bad said practices were, ended said practices and evolved as a nation.

We’re not proud of those acts (at least most of us aren’t), but they are part of our history and you can’t really change what was even if you do re-write the books. Quit whining so much about the past that nobody alive today dealt with and instead focus on helping continue the nation to positively evolve.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

User Tag List