Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: .45 Colt Duty Revolvers

.45 Colt Duty Revolvers

Funny this thread should come to the top just now. Today I picked up an S&W 25-15, blued 6.5 inch barrel and triple-T in .45 Colt.

I’ll see if I can track down some Winchester Silvertips and try 7 grs of Bullseye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SwampDweller View Post
    That’s a shame, why did he leave? I just found this thread and he’s provided a goldmine of information. I’m looking at .45 cal double action revolvers myself.
    I agree! I didn’t know he stopped posting , but maybe it is simply a matter of his being busy with other things and his schedule. I know it is a lot of work to remain engaged in a forum … takes a good bit of energy and time. I hope there are no burnt bridges / extenuating circumstances. DB has always been an amazing source of wisdom!

Let me see if I can get these to post large enough to see:

Name:  45-264H-D.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  22.6 KBName:  45ZColtStdPressure45-262H6BE.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  68.2 KBName:  45Colt45-262H7pt5BE.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  68.6 KB

A charge of 6.0-6.5 grains of Bullseye is a safe, standard-pressure load for older .45 Colt revolvers.

Use 7.5 grains as max in the Rugers, 1894 Marlin and in the H&R Handi Rifle.

In the Colt New Service and modern Italian Colt cones I split the difference and load 7 grains. Typical 5-1/2" revolver velocity is about 100-120 fps less than shown here in ten-inch Contender Larry Gibson used to conduct these pressure tests, depending upon barrel-cylinder gap.
    Last edited by Outpost75; 09-17-2022 at 08:53 AM.

That’s a shame, why did he leave? I just found this thread and he’s provided a goldmine of information. I’m looking at .45 cal double action revolvers myself.
    DB did not “leave.” He simply does not post here, any longer. I do not blame him. As I see it, an internet forum is a tremendously difficult place to try to educate folks. There are only so many hours, in a day.

There are reasons that a “guru” wants to say on a mountain top, and let the seekers of wisdom climb, to come to him. (I am not saying that DB considers himself to be a “guru,” and, of course, DB does travel, to teach. I am using “mountain” in a virtual sense, here.)

Wayne Dobbs, who works with DB, does continue to post here.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Site Supporter
    @Outpost75 - With a shorter nose to bring it to ~240 grains, that'd be a nice .45 ACP revolver bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    @Outpost75 - With a shorter nose to bring it to ~240 grains, that'd be a nice .45 ACP revolver bullet.
    The full-diameter, parallel-sided nose is intended to fit revolver cylinder throats and does not chamber in an M1911 pistol.

The 45-227H, 45-240H and 45-246H are lighter bullets of my design for .45 ACP suitable for either revolvers or auto pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    Funny this thread should come to the top just now. Today I picked up an S&W 25-15, blued 6.5 inch barrel and triple-T in .45 Colt.

I’ll see if I can track down some Winchester Silvertips and try 7 grs of Bullseye.

Lucky! I want a Model 25 so bad

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    DB did not “leave.” He simply does not post here, any longer. I do not blame him. As I see it, an internet forum is a tremendously difficult place to try to educate folks. There are only so many hours, in a day.

There are reasons that a “guru” wants to say on a mountain top, and let the seekers of wisdom climb, to come to him. (I am not saying that DB considers himself to be a “guru,” and, of course, DB does travel, to teach. I am using “mountain” in a virtual sense, here.)

Wayne Dobbs, who works with DB, does continue to post here.
    Ah, ok. I just hope it wasn't something that happened here.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Lucky! I want a Model 25 so bad
    A convertible Model 25 with a 4” or 5” barrel would have me selling a kidney.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Is this an original S&W model or a shortened one?:

https://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=18435739

User Tag List