Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: I'm not a good person, most of the time.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    I don’t want others approval, but yet I find myself almost by nature seeking it.
    It is by nature. Being cast out from the group is literal death for all but the most recent of our evolutionary and social history. Same reason you get a fight-or-flight response to social slights or when your boss lights into your ass. A big chunk of your brain is still afraid because it associates social disapproval with exile and subsequent death.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    People are not basically good, we have to learn how to be good. People are not basically bad, but it's much easier to do great evil than good.
    I like to say that people are just flawed... and in different ways. We each have certain good or bad things that come easy to us, while others do not.

I certainly agree it is easy to do bad than good, especially when that bad can be something as simple as doing nothing.
    "A man's character is his fate."

Yoda:
    Yes, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware of the dark side. Anger, fear, aggression; the dark side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi-Wan's apprentice.

Luke:
    Vader... Is the dark side stronger?

Yoda:
    No, no, no. Quicker, easier, more seductive.

Luke:
    But how am I to know the good side from the bad?

Yoda:
    You will know... when you are calm, at peace, passive. A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    Yoda:...A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack...
    ...except during the Clone Wars
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

the question of good and evil is pretty big, and tied in to the nature of suffering. But directly to the OP’s question, 2 Cor 12:9.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    ...except during the Clone Wars
    Anything after the original 3 movies hardly qualifies as a reference...
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

I try hard to be a good person. I'll admit that there is always a tiny bit of doubt in the back of my mind and I often question whether I'm doing enough. When I was younger I thought that having that doubt was a bad thing, but today I think it actually serves to ensure that I never stop trying and that it will always be something I need to remain conscious of - and that is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    Anything after the original 3 movies hardly qualifies as a reference...
    Clone Wars and Rebels were both very well done. In fact, Darth Vader was at his most terrifying in Rebels.
    Last edited by MistWolf; 06-30-2019 at 01:33 AM.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

User Tag List