Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm not a good person, most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    I am a fan of breakingtime, I’ll roll.

2) I have low self esteem, I can’t push past being in 4th grade and getting picked last for kickball. No matter all the killer shit I’ve done and succeeded at, that is my default.
    I was the kid picked last in gym class (after the girls) through high school. I got evaluated for neurological impairment by a special needs teacher in second grade because I was so uncoordinated.

A few years back, on a "employee fun day" in a previous career, the bosses took a group of us to play laser tag.

My team had a four digit score. The other team had a three digit total.

I had a four digit personal total. No one else got past the low threes. I had scored the majority of points earned in the game, all players included.

It was like being a pit bull on meth in a cage full of sedated bunnies. Utter domination was confusing to me at first, but I got used to it.

It's amazing how one day can turn old trauma into a joke.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    lol, some people are just up tight
    Social media being what is is these days.... yes, I am.

Banned
    People get mad when I say this but human beings are evil. It's our nature. Adolph Hitler lives inside all of us it just takes the right circumstances to bring it out.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    I am a fan of breakingtime, I’ll roll.

1) I get fired up/passionate/angry more than I need to or should about little things, folks who do sloppy work, folks who don’t take care of there people, etc. This allows/makes me do high quality work but bogs me done and puts more West and tear then needed.

2) I have low self esteem, I can’t push past being in 4th grade and getting picked last for kickball. No matter all the killer shit I’ve done and succeeded at, that is my default.

3) I need to get into, have the discipline for a daily habit of exercise, I make excuses and cut myself slack where I shouldn’t.

Thanks for the thought experiment.

Getting picked last through school is one of the best things that ever happened to me.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    People get mad when I say this but human beings are evil. It's our nature. Adolph Hitler lives inside all of us it just takes the right circumstances to bring it out.
    I disagree. While we all have the capacity to do evil and we all have our inner monster, we all have the ability to not do evil and do good in the world.

What matters is whether we exercise our free will to control those aspects of our personalities.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 06-23-2019 at 06:07 PM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Here's another POV. When I was 18, (52 years ago), I sank on a pleasure boat in the Pacific ocean during a huge storm. Me and my two sailing mates were washed up on a small piece of rock and rescued by the Coast Guard the next day, severely hypothermic and barely alive. I knew then that there was a purpose for my life, and now 5 grandkids later, I think I know what it was. I learned from this experience not to sweat the small stuff. I cut people slack as I would hope that they would cut me some slack when I did/do stupid things. When the kids were growing up and someone would cut us off in traffic, I would say outloud "maybe that person just found out that their parent had a heart attack and is on the way to the hospital". We knew otherwise in our hearts, but it allowed us to give that person some slack, just in case I was right. That person, could be me, or you someday. When people are having a bad day they act out sometimes. Instead of reacting negatively, which is normal, ask them what's really wrong. You might be stunned at the answer sometimes. We are all human and make mistakes, and our instincts tell us to cover or hide them. That's normal. If you have never made a mistake, then call them out on it, and make them feel worse. Understanding will get someone a lot farther than judgement, but that's just me.......
    Last edited by oakdalecurtis; 06-23-2019 at 06:25 PM.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    People get mad when I say this but human beings are evil. It's our nature.
    I think you've confused 'evil' with 'selfish'.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    People are not basically good, we have to learn how to be good. People are not basically bad, but it's much easier to do great evil than good.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I think you've confused 'evil' with 'selfish'.
    Agreed.

Part of that is our monkey brain, hard-wired to look at everything as us vs them. When there's enough food to go around, go do your thing. When there's not, my tribe is better than your tribe. And a tribal mindset works very well - we'll hunt and gather no problem, but I'm not doing it for you degenerate monkeys, I'm doing it for my group of morally upright monkeys and our manifest destiny.

In our society it's not so much about sharing food because we've got plenty of it, but we'll contribute money (which is our time, indirectly) to causes we believe in, and wish the opposite cause would just go away. And if the people who espouse the opposite cause would...not die, but just kinda go away forever, maybe that wouldn't be so bad. If I had God powers for one day, I certainly wouldn't kill every group I disagree with, but maybe I'd consider making a section of Antarctica habitable and putting 'em all there. But plot twist: if someone else had that power, they might put me there for my views on guns, Trump and traditional values. Now they'd be evil, but I'm just trying to make the world a better place. Right?

Second of all, and if you think this is all hokey nonsense that's fine, but from a Biblical standpoint (OP said "Christian standpoint" first) we are all sinners by nature. That doesn't mean we will always take the most evil option every single time if given the opportunity. It just means we're corrupted.
    Last edited by Darth_Uno; 06-23-2019 at 07:17 PM. Reason: punctuation

I am a social worker now post military life- I am not a good person when:

I expect capable people to be truthful about trying to find a job because I will deny their food stamps

I expect able bodied adults to work and not make up some bullshit I excuse like (these are real now)
    I have PPSTDs and i can’t be in public
    I have Diarrhea (actual dr note stating it)
    I am to pretty I have never had to work (as the smile of meth mouth takes over) 30 going on 60
    My wife made me quit because our food stamps closed when I got that job

Yes I am sorry Denied
    I am a bad person

BTW- some do need it but they are few and far between
    Last edited by Arbninftry; 06-23-2019 at 07:20 PM.

User Tag List