Thread: Shield closed emitter red dots on pistols?

Shield closed emitter red dots on pistols?

This is just an idle thought that occurred to me.

There has been some discussion of Shield's open emitter mini red dot sights, but I don't recall reading a lot about the CQS, CQB or SIS closed emitter sights. Has anyone compared these with the Acro for pistol use? Looking at some of Shield's marketing pictures, just the sight without its Picatinny mount seems fairly small, but I haven't been able to find the exact dimensions for some reason. Would the sloping rear of the SIS reduce some of the concealment worries some have regarding the Acro? Or is there some other issue that makes the SIS (or the CQS, CQB) not an option? (I'll admit straight off that I am not well versed with the available mounting solutions. I know there is at least an RMR to SIS adapter plate offered by Shield.)

The Shield CQB is British military issue so hopefully it would be at least more durable than some of the red dot offerings on the market. The sight has a side-mounted battery so you don't have to remove it to change batteries, and of course a closed emitter. So at first glance, it seems as though it might be worth some consideration?

They'd likely have their own reliability issues given that they've not been tested for the G forces from pistol recoil. Are the durability of Shield's other offerings a known quantity? The reticle options are intriguing, however.

Holosun has one pending, that uses the Acro style mount, and I believe is closed emitter.

https://holosun.com/index.php?main_p...products_id=96
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

A buddy of mine has killed two of these on shotguns.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

User Tag List