Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Son's first official gun.

Son's first official gun.

He'll start on .22s off course but when Steph posted on the $250 M64s I hmmd and hawed for a while. Finally I broke down and ordered one. I figure they're not really getting cheaper and $250 was to hard for me to pass up.

I have a spare Elpasso saddlery Threepersons and t grip that would round out the package.

He turns 1 next month. I shot it today and it's right on. I stripped it, stoned the moving parts, regreased it and the trigger improved quite a bit. I plan on storing it untill he can handle a DA trigger and teaching him to work a DA revolver first.
    Name:  1561224633981-684027657.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  57.1 KB
    Last edited by 03RN; 06-22-2019 at 12:32 PM.

There is much excellence in that post. Solid.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Very cool! I have twin girls who will turn 1 next month; I need to show my wife this post as a “new” reason to buy a matched pair of old S&W’s. . Excellent choice on the holster as well, the El Paso Threepersons is a true classic.

Site Supporter
    Even growing up in the age of semi-autos, the first center-fire pistol I ever shot was a K-frame 38 special with wadcutters.

That's parenting done right sir.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    No reason not to start him off single action first. He can then stop cocking the hammer once he masters that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Those old hide-out stocks (note the rounded bottom) are a nice touch.

Wish someone had had one of those for me when I was a 1 year old. Good for you dad!

Dave

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    No reason not to start him off single action first. He can then stop cocking the hammer once he masters that.

I did that with my son. Reduced trigger reach so he could start with handguns sooner.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I am tempted by those, if I only had a son I could get one. For him, of course...

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post

Oh, I will. I have a single six.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I am tempted by those, if I only had a son I could get one. For him, of course...
    Buy one and stash it, just in case.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List