Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Phoenix AZ. Where to live/Not live.

My daughter ordered NYPD Pizza for her Law School Convocation party. It’s really good!
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    I absolutely agree with this statement. And these facts are exactly why I pointed out that the OP's question is more difficult to answer today than it might have been 20 years ago. I love my native AZ, but it suffers from an abundance of what most things in life suffer from . . . . people. They are the ones that create the traffic, accidents, growth, development, and 98% of the brush fires.
    The number of rehab clinics and homeless in Prescott increases every year, also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And in Payson, and Flagstaff, and Cottonwood, and Safford, and Globe, and Nogales, and Gilbert, and Mesa, and Phoenix, and Chandler, and Apache Junction, and Queen Creek, and Peoria, and Surprise, and Tucson, well . . . . . . . you get the idea.

Avoid Mesa, unless it's in the southeast, like Eastmark (great community) or certain areas of North East Mesa (not too far or you run into Apache Junction). On the north end of Phoenix, Anthem is an awesome community that is growing and has a lot of community resources, I'd live there any day. Chandler, like Mesa, is difficult due to there being pockets of excellent areas, surrounded by crappy neighborhoods. Gilbert, like the San Tan, or downtown area are great communities with lots of growth. Tempe is hit or miss, but has the disadvantage of being a college town.

Good luck, welcome to the best state in the south west!

Don’t know if Phoenix is a set thing but I’ve been just S of Tucson for the past 3 years and really like it. I lived in big west coast cities most of my life and Tucson is about as big of a city as I want to deal with anymore. Good food, tons of matches, entertainment, some really nice areas to live and a couple hours from Phoenix if you really need to do something up there...I rarely do. I’m over big city’s and big city problems. It’s also about 10 degrees cooler down here...

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLapre View Post
    If you like your property and don’t want to deal with small towns with lots of crime, avoid the Casa Grande area.
    This guy knows firsthand. Listen to this sage advice.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Student
    A good many classes are hosted near the Elzy Pearson range in Casa Grande. By the next morning, all brass is gone and even lead has been taken out of the berms.

Depends on where you will be working.

I lived in Scottsdale for many many years and loved it, I would also recommend Ahwatukee Foothills, Paradise Valley, Desert View, Fountain Hills, and even out Wickenberg way if you like living rural.

I puled the chute and moved to Havasu to get away from Phoenix in 2004 though and just go back to visit family so what do I know
    Last edited by eb07; 06-24-2019 at 02:10 PM.

User Tag List