View Poll Results: Self-Illuminating Night Sights - Yay - Nay?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Night sights on all carry guns

41 42.71%
  • Night sights on some carry guns

39 40.63%
  • No night sights on any carry gun

12 12.50%
  • Mods Here Are Shit

4 4.17%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Self-Illuminating Night Sight Poll

Self-Illuminating Night Sight Poll

Curious and trying to figure out where the hive mind is at.

Options:

Night sights on all carry guns.
    Night sights on some carry guns
    No night sights on any carry guns

If you’re running FO those non-Trit night sights. If you’re running TFOs then those are night sights. If you’re using Luminescent sights no poll option for you, get real sights you cheap bastard.

If you’re not running night sights in anything - why not? If you’re running them on everything - why? If you’re inbetween you’re probably limited for sight options, lazy, or both (like me).
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 06-21-2019 at 11:42 PM.

Banned
    You forgot "Night Sights on the guns I can talk my wife into letting me buy."

I have night sights on my Glock 26 because that's the gun I carry the most and because I predominantly carry it at night.

Currently have Trijicon 3 dots on my carry gun. Possibly going back to the 10-8 precision RS paired with Dawson Tritium front on P30.

ETA: I find the feed back from the tritium beneficial.
    Last edited by CCT125US; 06-22-2019 at 12:24 AM.
    Taking a break from social media.

Site Supporter

Night sights on anything I carry with any regularity and that will easily accept them, as well as any home defense handgun.

Almost every near-miss in my life that could have turned into an incident has happened in poor light, with enough light to see and identify the problem, but often not enough to see black sights or even white dot sights.

When I carried a Detective Special, Colt would have installed a front only night sight for about $200. I decided that was more than I wanted to spend for the front sight only. I now know that replacing the insert when it went dim would have likely been difficult given the limited sources of the work.

My two most heavily customized guns are my North American Arms .380 and my Kel-Tec P-32. In both cases, installing some form of night sights was a primary motivation for the work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BillSWPA; 06-22-2019 at 01:00 AM.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    I have 7 Glocks, and only one has night sights.

3 have RMR’s, which barring an optic failure negates any concerns about lining up sights in a low light situation. The RMR is always visible.

On the “regular” slides, only one (the 48) has night sights, and they came on the gun. Any shooting I’m likely to do is probably going to be up close and fast. I’m not getting in running battles through abandoned, dimly lit warehouses. And I know, now I couldn’t even if I wanted to, but...I wasn’t going to anyway. If your life takes you to such places on the regular, then night sights aren’t a bad idea.

Of all the things you could argue that it’s better to have and not need, night sights aren’t at the top of my personal list. But they work exactly as they claim, so I won’t tell you what you do or don’t need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    My 642 has no night sights and isn’t likely to get any, but gets carried a lot anyway. The p32 rarely gets carried at all, but even when it is carried, I’m not motivated to put night sights on it - I’m motivated to figure out better life choices so I can carry something else. It is not likely to get night sights.

We mostly carry Glocks now, and we now own 4 - 3/4 have night sights. The G26 has Trijicon HD I installed after a few hundred rounds with the factory plastic, the 19x has the factory GNS Glock issued with it, and my G42 came used with XS Big Dot night sights. We are deciding whether we actuallyi like the XS sights. If not, both G42s will get something else, and at least the fronts will have tritium. If one of us decides that they do like the XS and the other doesn’t, whoever likes them will keep my gun and the other G42 will get night sights of that person’s choice.

The 642 won’t get night sights, at least not anytime soon, b/c expense and hassle, not b/c they would be of no value. The Glocks are easy and not terribly expensive to change sights on.

My Beretta 92 gets shot a lot, but is rarely carried. It has Wilson Combat F/O for range/match use. Other guns have, like the 642 has, orange painted front sights. The 92 factory sights got that, but the F/O is superior.

I consider them important and desirable, though perhaps not *essential*, and will pay to get them on a carry gun they can reasonably be obtained for. This is one of the reasons Glocks are living at my house: night sights are easy.
    Last edited by Duelist; 06-22-2019 at 02:50 AM.

Site Supporter
    My primary carry gun is a PX4 full size and it wears Ameriglo CAP sights, so the front is tritium. My "summer" gun is a Walther P99C and it has a red FO front sight because I can't find a big fat front night sight like the CAP for it.

Glock 26.5 with Glock Night Sights. “EDC” w OEM+2 In RCS Perun AOWB.

Pocket carry an LCR in a Desantis Nemesis. Rear black and Front Sight painted traffic cone Orange Nail Polish and a coat of clear.
    Last edited by RJ; 06-22-2019 at 05:24 AM.

Full set of Novak tritiums on my 5906, which is a safe queen.

Factory white dots (non-illuminated) on my Walther PPS, which is my regular EDC. But I also carry a handheld flashlight which with a neck or temple index hold, makes the dots very easy to see.

My PPQ has a tritium front sight only, serrated u-notch in the rear. It works pretty well with no flashlight. The tritium front sight also makes the pistol easy to find in the bedroom at night. :-/

My main gripe with a full set of tritium sights on a pistol is the rear glows through my lightweight summer cover shirt which I believe it could reveal my armed status to those with bad intentions. I will not use them on any long gun because there's no easy way to cover them when I might want to remain concealed by darkness.

If someone came up with FO sights that could be illuminated with a pressure switch (like a WML), that might be a good solution.
    Last edited by NH Shooter; 06-22-2019 at 05:54 AM.

P365, G17.4, G19.5=night sights
    G19.4=Vogel FO
    J frames -painted factory

P365 is EDC
    G17 is bedside
    Those two are 95% of my self defense guns use now.

User Tag List