Thread: Flat vs. Curved Glock Triggers

Flat vs. Curved Glock Triggers

Since about early 2017 or so I have been using a flat-faced Overwatch Precision TAC trigger in my G19.4. I've improved significantly over the last two years as a shooter, but I still exhibit a slight left pull, especially at distance. Last weekend I realized that, despite having fiber sights on my G48 and an ACRO on my G19.4, I seem to shoot the G48 straighter. I've had similar experiences with my friend's G17.3, G19.3, G26.3, and G17.4, all of which he's installed smooth-faced G17.3 OEM triggers on.

The issue I seem to be having stems from consistency of finger placement, which is odd - most people I hear talking up flat triggers say it lowers the felt pull weight and makes finger placement more consistent, but the curved triggers seem easier and more consistent to me. Am I just doing something wrong here or is the flat trigger thing just not for me? I bought a G17.3 trigger to swap into my G19.4 and play with tomorrow, but I'm wondering if there's some technique or something I'm missing that makes flat triggers work for the people who recommend it better than the OEM ones.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    You answered your own question. If a curved trigger works better for you, use that. It’s just preference.

I’m also convinced that if Glocks came with straight triggers, all the aftermarket triggers would be curved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I prefer a curved trigger with a flat face, ala SSVI TYR.

Just for fun

Anyone up for comparing a 1911 with a GI plug versus FLGR.............just kidding y'all!! Ain't putting a match to that gas can. But I agree.....curved versus straight trigger.....it is what best serves you.

Took my new OEM G17 trigger out today. I'm not noticing a lot of difference in accuracy, but something I did notice is that I seem to have better control at speed. Similar to how I found the P30L easier to run fast in LEM vs in TDA, I think the longer travel from full extension is translating into more consistent pressure on the reset, which means that when I don't ride the reset perfectly, my finger maintains contact with the trigger and thus stays more consistent on the next press.

I'm still going to give it a little more time to see if I like the OEM shoe more than my TAC, but so far so good. Doing some more reading seems to suggest that curved triggers lend themselves better to applying more trigger finger while still coming back straight, whereas with the flat face, I'm more apt to place just my index finger pad on it dead center. I'm wondering if this has been contributing to the slight left bias I see at distances beyond 15 yards, but I can't say for certain.

User Tag List