Thread: Grip ?

Site Supporter

Grip ?

After years of never considering J-frame revolvers I've been persuaded by the various threads on the Revolver Sub-Forum to give a 642 a try. First and immediate problem is the (expletive deleted) thing doesn't fit my hand even if it fits in my pocket. I just back-ordered a set of Pachmayr J-frame Diamond Pro grips. They looked like they would make the gun at least shootable.

While I'm waiting I wondered if anyone here has tried these grips and how did they work? Also, how were they for getting the gun out of the pocket? And finally, any suggestions for pocket holsters would be appreciated? Having never carried this way I am clueless.

I remain, an old dog trying to learn new tricks...
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    After years of never considering J-frame revolvers I've been persuaded by the various threads on the Revolver Sub-Forum to give a 642 a try. First and immediate problem is the (expletive deleted) thing doesn't fit my hand even if it fits in my pocket. I just back-ordered a set of Pachmayr J-frame Diamond Pro grips. They looked like they would make the gun at least shootable.

While I'm waiting I wondered if anyone here has tried these grips and how did they work? Also, how were they for getting the gun out of the pocket? And finally, any suggestions for pocket holsters would be appreciated? Having never carried this way I am clueless.

I remain, an old dog trying to learn new tricks...
    Dave
    So, you know how you have a Holster Box?

You're probably gonna have a grip box.

For inexpensive grip that give good pocket carry and shootability, I like Precision Gun Specialty's Hideout Grip.

More options include the grip that comes on a Taurus 85(10.00) and the Hogue Tamer, 20.00.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    So, you know how you have a Holster Box?

You're probably gonna have a grip box.
    LOL - I sold off most of two boxes of holsters, the accumulation of over 40 years of handgunning. Now I have a shelf and a tool bag full left over.

And the shelf above the holsters is full of grips. Yea, I know about that stiff. (smile)

Dave

User Tag List