Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: J Frame Shoulder Holster?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    I just picked up a Bianchi 9R. I like the older ones that don't do double duty as a belt holster.

Attachment 39682
    How does the Bianchi 9R retain the weapon upside down? Do you have to do some weird twist as you draw to deploy the weapon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The 9R has a spring along the front where you can see two lines of stitching. In essence it is the same design as Bianchi's Model 27 break front duty holster, except upside down with shoulder straps. There are also pockets that the cylinder fits in to help retain the gun. Here is a Model 27 for a 6" gun:

Name:  iu.jpeg
Views: 397
Size:  53.6 KB
    Last edited by LtDave; 07-03-2019 at 03:13 PM.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    (All my Alessi rigs but one were made by Lou himself prior to his demise in '09, and I can't swear to the status of the current craftsmanship, but it is probably quite similar.)
    Good luck.
    I don't know Alessi's current quality, but Tom Kulwicki, who took over running Alessi, along with Alessi's children, passed away last year.

https://forums.1911forum.com/showthr...ghlight=alessi

Ritchie Leather makes several of the old Alessi models as I believe Skip Ritchie was a partner of Lou Alessi's at one time.

http://www.ritchieholsters.com
    Last edited by JTQ; 07-05-2019 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I don't know Alessi's current quality, but Tom Kulwicki, who took over running Alessi, along with Alessi's children, passed away last year.
    Didn't know that.
    I had some dealings with Tom a few years ago, he seemed like a nice fellow.

I wonder if the remaining folks at Alessi are able to maintain design and quality standards?

Apparently both John Ralston of 5 Shot Leather and Skip Ritchie of Ritchie Leather Company trained with Lou Alessi, and execute certain of his designs, or their variations of his designs, very well, though unfortunately neither seems to offer his Guardian shoulder rig design for J-frames.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    Apparently both John Ralston of 5 Shot Leather and Skip Ritchie of Ritchie Leather Company trained with Lou Alessi, ...
    Mr. Ralston is a fan of Alessi, but I incorrectly made the assumption at one point he worked with Alessi, but he corrected me that it was more of a not in person mentoring.

https://forums.1911forum.com/showthr...37#post3423937

Just to clarify - I have never worked with Lou. Lou gave me lots of tutoring over the net and phone and at SHOT, but I never worked side by side with the master . He definitely was a mentor, but not in the traditional sense.

User Tag List