Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Exodus from high tax states just beginning

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    HEY!!! I resemble that comment!

That said, man... I love it here! Hot, humid, beaches, rum, I bought a shit load of new guns...

Oh, and I'd like to think that my vote helped keep some of the better folks in power.
    ok, you can stay!

In all seriousness, as much as I throw around the "carpetbagger" term, I really only mean it to describe those that are seemingly intent on turning Florida into whatever dump they left (and that includes invaders from the North AND the South....).

Oh, and anyone that bitches about the pizza, bagels, bread, or the water. they usually get the "carpetbagger" term applied to them too!
    Last edited by rob_s; 06-24-2019 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    ok, you can stay!

In all seriousness, as much as I throw around the "carpetbagger" term, I really only mean it to describe those that are seemingly intent on turning Florida into whatever dump they left (and that includes invaders from the North AND the South....).

Oh, and anyone that bitches about the pizza, bagels, bread, or the water. they usually get the "carpetbagger" term applied to them too!
    I'm not complaining... I can make the drive up to Brandon, FL to visit the Portillos for my hot dog fix once every so often... My waistline is happy I don't do it too often!

CWM11B
    The hell of it here in NC is, you aren't really escaping taxes that much. We have one of the highest tax rates in the SE: income tax, sales tax, gas tax, property tax, vehicle tax, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    And now Boise. Not to mention Laramie and Jackson Hole.
    It is too much to posit that one of the intentions of statists creating increased pain and shrinking liberties (in "exodus" states) is to create a deliberate diaspora. To stipulate such would advance an intelligence level that thus far has not been displayed. (Although, arguendo, they are sufficiently diabolical.)

In combination with the deliberate implantation of "refugees" from places like Somalia, Central America, etc into micro-cultures like Maine and Idaho, one could almost suspect a planned effect.

In a work of fiction one could use a plot device whereby sinister forces knew that certain conditions would motivate flight to avoid pain, thereby invoking political change in the areas to which they migrate. That mechanism would then be given synergism by importing foreign cultures that do not possess the existing shared foundational value system and institutional historical knowledge, and who are disinclined to assimilation. Just imagine the changes that one could foster in the politico-cultural landscape over a few generations, and all funded by taxpayer monies.

But that would be fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    Guilty. Just because y’all like NASCAR doesn’t mean the slowpokes need to clog the left lane.
    That left lane clogging has been growing for years. And I'm pretty sure it's not limited to either natives or transplants. Everybody does it, it seems.

To the point now that at times, I've pulled up to a red light with a half dozen cars (literally) lined up in the left lane, and I'll be the first one in the right lane. I'm beginning to think that driver's education training has changed, and I didn't get the word.

But it reminds me of a friend whose work required a lot of travel around the state (still in NC). WNC, particularly, is a summer haven for Floridians who come to the mountains to get away from the heat and humidity. Again, most are nice, but "their" reputation is made by the slower (typically older) drivers, too many of whom live in the left lane. My friend got a bumper sticker made for his car that said "When I retire, I'm going to move to Florida and D-R-I-V-E S-L-O-W-L-Y". Pretty sure it didn't cause anybody to move over, but he liked sending the message.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray01 View Post
    It is too much to posit that one of the intentions of statists creating increased pain and shrinking liberties (in "exodus" states) is to create a deliberate diaspora. To stipulate such would advance an intelligence level that thus far has not been displayed. (Although, arguendo, they are sufficiently diabolical.)

In combination with the deliberate implantation of "refugees" from places like Somalia, Central America, etc into micro-cultures like Maine and Idaho, one could almost suspect a planned effect.

In a work of fiction one could use a plot device whereby sinister forces knew that certain conditions would motivate flight to avoid pain, thereby invoking political change in the areas to which they migrate. That mechanism would then be given synergism by importing foreign cultures that do not possess the existing shared foundational value system and institutional historical knowledge, and who are disinclined to assimilation. Just imagine the changes that one could foster in the politico-cultural landscape over a few generations, and all funded by taxpayer monies.

But that would be fiction.
    It no secret where those refugees end up. They go to places that need the labor that don't ask a lot of questions.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Been to Bozeman. Close by (but not in) Moab.
    Go to Moab in September.

Holy shit! It's become Mecca for every off road enthusiast in the west.
    Last edited by Borderland; 06-24-2019 at 05:45 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    It no secret where those refugees end up. They go to places that need the labor that don't ask a lot of questions.
    What labor is needed in Lewiston-Auburn (ME), Dearborn (MI) and Twin Falls (ID)?

And when "Comments are disabled on some stories about sensitive topics.", it definitely makes one wonder who is sensitive, and about what.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Or to where the churches are literally paid to import them like Minnesota.

https://brassballs.blog/home/who-was...-to-the-states
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Or to where the churches are literally paid to import them like Minnesota.

https://brassballs.blog/home/who-was...-to-the-states
    No offense, but I have a hard time lending credulity to such a source when another article featured prominently in said blog is loudly bleating the anti-vaxxer horn.

Perhaps it is narrow-minded of me, but it's a personal quirk and a major sign to me that I'm being bullshitted. Sorta like how other people might not lend much belief to a 9/11 truther.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 45dotACP; 06-24-2019 at 06:49 PM.

User Tag List