Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Exodus from high tax states just beginning

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    As a Californian who frequently thinks about moving, I can't help but wonder what states will remain conservative?
    The ones that are least attractive to Californians.
    Ignore Alien Orders

People have been leaving california for years due to taxes, immigration, etc. It doesn't send the gov a message and the gov doesn't change their ways...All the producers could leave new york and new jersey and the gov there still wouldn't reform.
    Last edited by Paul Blackburn; 06-23-2019 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    The ones that are least attractive to Californians.
    This. Think Wyoming, Nebraska, and the Dakotas. Desolate states.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    If you start describing them as desolatte states, this may change.

Of course, there are probably enclaves within each of those states which are deep blue and filled with residents from other states that came with deep pockets. I know I've come across the like in my travels across the west by motorcycle or four wheels.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    As a Californian who frequently thinks about moving, I can't help but wonder what states will remain conservative?
    One without a large urban area that is attractive to immigration from states with high taxes. Example - Atlanta is a magnet and is quickly transforming a RED state to PURPLE and unfortunately probably BLUE soon. We are contemplating retirement in northern Alabama or Mississippi,

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I have thought of these - I hunt in Wyoming every year. Too cold for us Southerners.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I have thought of these - I hunt in Wyoming every year. Too cold for us Southerners.
    My wife would leave after the first snow in June. My biggest quibble was riding a motorcycle leaned over 40 degrees to compensate for the wind.

Love Wyoming.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    One without a large urban area that is attractive to immigration from states with high taxes. Example - Atlanta is a magnet and is quickly transforming a RED state to PURPLE and unfortunately probably BLUE soon. We are contemplating retirement in northern Alabama or Mississippi,
    Alabama has Huntsville with both Redstone Arsenal and a growing automotive manufacturing base, and the metro area is growing. Redstone Arsenal is getting a ton of transfers from the DC area for the FBI, and Mazda and Toyota are building a new vehicle assembly plant. That is bringing in multiple automotive suppliers.
    Last edited by farscott; 06-23-2019 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Once in their new location, they’ll vote in the sort of jackwagons who helped cause the tax hikes in their old location. Rinse and repeat.
    Not everyone leaving is like that. I know a lot are. But some of us hated it and moved to get away to somewhere that had a chance to fight it off before it circles the tubes. There is no chance for NYS residents to win any of the battles ahead of them.

Lord, I miss Kentucky. We left NYS and lived there a few years. Then, the whole family moved out of NYS and settled in Florida. So now we're here. But Kentucky changes something in your soul.

-Cory

Lord, I miss Kentucky. We left NYS and lived there a few years. Then, the whole family moved out of NYS and settled in Florida. So now we're here. But Kentucky changes something in your soul.

-Cory[/QUOTE]

This is an interesting comment. I wonder how much we will see conversations among family begin to shift from the lines of blood, to the ideological tribe, whether governed by spirituality, politics, economics, etc....

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

User Tag List