Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Exodus from high tax states just beginning

Quote Originally Posted by 36trap View Post
    I've learned to separate my faith from the church itself. If you open your eyes to what many churches do and promote, it's difficult (for me at least) to see them as anything but a fund raising machine for things I can't reconcile. I have a family member who is an Archbishop in the Roman Catholic Church and his insight on the inner workings of the church only confirms my feelings. There needs to be more separation of church and state as the church is influencing government under the guise of religious beliefs.

Refugees end up where they will face the least resistance and where the local community can financially support them. This is why Minnesota is often a landing spot. We have a strong economy, excellent welfare programs, and the whole "Minnesota nice" shtick comes into play. Many people in this state are actually moderate to conservative and accepting of others but they're quick to sit on their hands and never question anything. Churches take advantage of it and the government takes advantage of it. It also why they're still headed to the ballot box to "religiously" punch a democrat ticket as if they're voting for moderate democrats of the past who would be considered present day conservatives.
    I agree. One of the reasons I don't have any religious affiliations. I'm not against anyone who practices their religious beliefs however, including Muslims.

I just don't want the state or fed supporting it in any way, even in schools.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    If there was no law respecting religion in this country, churches would have to pay the same property and income taxes as everyone else. Set up a non-profit for charity programs and be subject to audits just like other non-profits.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List