Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Exodus from high tax states just beginning

Site Supporter
    All the talk of a wall on the US/Mexican border is nauseating.

We need a wall around the Northeast and California.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    ok, you can stay!

In all seriousness, as much as I throw around the "carpetbagger" term, I really only mean it to describe those that are seemingly intent on turning Florida into whatever dump they left (and that includes invaders from the North AND the South....).

Oh, and anyone that bitches about the pizza, bagels, bread, or the water. they usually get the "carpetbagger" term applied to them too!
    Probably the best pizza I ever ate was in Florida, I'm thinking this was in Boca Raton, I still remember the name, Renzo's they made their own dough, own sauce from scratch.. buddy of mine and I worked over there for awhile (I used to live in Ft. Myers) we left the area, and one night we bought a pizza from pizza hut..Ate a couple of peices, and threw it in the trash...it just wasn't the same.. Renzo's ruined us..
    Last edited by ralph; 06-25-2019 at 07:27 PM.

Site Supporter
    That's because Pizza Hut pizza is just that. Trash. I wouldn't feed that to a rat.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I think you missed the part where churches are using tax dollars to do this.
    Just another reason the state should never be handing out $$$ to religious groups. It's basically a way to buy votes with taxpayer money, and a way to push policies without having the votes to support them.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    That's because Pizza Hut pizza is just that. Trash. I wouldn't feed that to a rat.
    Name:  Rat with Pizza.png
Views: 297
Size:  90.7 KB

*his
    Last edited by Gun Mutt; 06-26-2019 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    I used to own my own pizza place-- used organic flour, made my own sauce, etc. It was good.

I'm not defending Pizza Hut and the like, but as long as I think of it as bread with sauce and cheese on it, it's fine. Never exciting, but it's OK.
    Last edited by Baldanders; 06-26-2019 at 05:38 PM.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Site Supporter
    This is a first. Never did I ever think I'd see the day when someone would defend Pizza Hut pizza, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    All the talk of a wall on the US/Mexican border is nauseating.

We need a wall around the Northeast and California.
    There are, one called the Sierra Nevadas, one called the NE Appalachians.
    If we are to protect our rights let's make our geographic reality a political one.

California < AMERICA > The Sprawl

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    Nevada is done. Too many stupid Californians have polluted the politics.
    Hence my plead for the right kind of people to move here.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I don't have a problem with churches doing it. Churches do a lot of good in this country, in other countries also. Membership is also voluntary so no money to support them is coming out of my pocket.

I do however have a problem with my tax dollars supporting a county government that claims to be a sanctuary for people who are here illegally. Those people use a lot of resources provided by me. I get to vote on school levies and emergency services but I don't get to vote on public health services and housing for illegals. Where I live I'm sure a ballot referendum would pass to do just that but at least I got to vote on it. The only option I have now is to pay attention to what my county commissioners are doing with my money. That's a lot of work and it's time consuming.

Churches have always been an institution that have an enormous amount of freedom guided by the constitution.

People who harbor illegals thru the actions of their church are following their religious beliefs.

Full disclosure. I'm not a member of any church.
    I've learned to separate my faith from the church itself. If you open your eyes to what many churches do and promote, it's difficult (for me at least) to see them as anything but a fund raising machine for things I can't reconcile. I have a family member who is an Archbishop in the Roman Catholic Church and his insight on the inner workings of the church only confirms my feelings. There needs to be more separation of church and state as the church is influencing government under the guise of religious beliefs.

Refugees end up where they will face the least resistance and where the local community can financially support them. This is why Minnesota is often a landing spot. We have a strong economy, excellent welfare programs, and the whole "Minnesota nice" shtick comes into play. Many people in this state are actually moderate to conservative and accepting of others but they're quick to sit on their hands and never question anything. Churches take advantage of it and the government takes advantage of it. It also why they're still headed to the ballot box to "religiously" punch a democrat ticket as if they're voting for moderate democrats of the past who would be considered present day conservatives.

User Tag List