Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Exodus from high tax states just beginning

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Once in their new location, they’ll vote in the sort of jackwagons who helped cause the tax hikes in their old location. Rinse and repeat.
    Basically what happens with every carpetbagging dimbulb that comes to FL from the northeast.

One of our recent gubernatorial candidates (I'll let you guess which party) was running on a platform of "closing the business tax break loophole" in order to get more money to pay for more free shit for people that won't work for themselves. He is literally the only reason I voted, for the first time in probably 10 years.
    Last edited by rob_s; 06-24-2019 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Alabama has Huntsville with both Redstone Arsenal and a growing automotive manufacturing base, and the metro area is growing. Redstone Arsenal is getting a ton of transfers from the DC area for the FBI, and Mazda and Toyota are building a new vehicle assembly plant. That is bringing in multiple automotive suppliers.
    There goes the neighborhood. Soon enough you'll have people from coming in from all directions looking for a job.

We have Boeing, Amazon and Microsoft, to name a few, to deal with. Seattle is a shit hole. I don't live there but I used to.
    Last edited by Borderland; 06-24-2019 at 09:09 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Bozeman MT is like that. So is Moab UT.
    And now Boise. Not to mention Laramie and Jackson Hole.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    And there are many like him. Unfortunately, the only way to cure his ailment is for him to experience true hardship. It's going to get ugly before it gets better.
    I'll buy that.

We're headed back to the 30's.

Global recession this time. Too many people, too much debt. Gov't can't save itself or anyone else.

There were mass migrations in this country during the depression. It's happening again. Tip of the iceberg.
    Last edited by Borderland; 06-24-2019 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    And now Boise. Not to mention Laramie and Jackson Hole.
    Haven't been to JH in awhile. It was getting posh in the 90's with art galleries and outfitters. Lots of money moving into the valley and mini ranches popping up like weeds. It's a beautiful place and now has all the beautiful people. I'm glad I was able to see it in the 70's cause it's a playground for the wealthy now.

I've lived in the west all my life and it makes me sad to see some of this crap.
    Last edited by Borderland; 06-24-2019 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    Oh, I don't know. I'm a WNC native, and some think Asheville is "lost". Well, except for the microbreweries. Live in the RDU area now, and while there are plenty of nice folks, there is absolutely no shortage of interlopers who have no hesitation about showing us how we need to change, live, act, etc. Or drive . . .

Believe them, they won't hesitate to tell you what's wrong with the area. Again, the minority, but still . . .
    Guilty. Just because y’all like NASCAR doesn’t mean the slowpokes need to clog the left lane.

Bozeman MT is like that. So is Moab UT.
    Been to Bozeman. Close by (but not in) Moab.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Haven't been to JH in awhile. It was getting posh in the 90's with art galleries and outfitters. Lots of money moving into the valley and mini ranches popping up like weeds. It's a beautiful place and now has all the beautiful people. I'm glad I was able to see it in the 70's cause it's a playground for the wealthy now.

I've lived in the west all my life and it makes me sad to see some of this crap.
    Jackson Hole is a nice place to get sushi and an expresso now.
    #RESIST

And there's the silver lining to living in an economically-depressed state with an opiate crisis: no tax-fleeing elitists.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Basically what happens with every carpetbagging dimbulb that comes to FL from the northeast.
    HEY!!! I resemble that comment!

That said, man... I love it here! Hot, humid, beaches, rum, I bought a shit load of new guns...

Oh, and I'd like to think that my vote helped keep some of the better folks in power.

User Tag List