Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Exodus from high tax states just beginning

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    No offense, but I have a hard time lending credulity to such a source when another article featured prominently in said blog is loudly bleating the anti-vaxxer horn.

Perhaps it is narrow-minded of me, but it's a personal quirk and a major sign to me that I'm being bullshitted. Sorta like how other people might not lend much belief to a 9/11 truther.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    I understand, but if you did a fairly uninvolved google search for say “Lutheran Social Services immigrants” or any of the other church names from that article, you’d find a pattern and more articles. There’s nuggets of truth here and there.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    A fair point. My brother lives about 5 minutes out of St. Paul and was fairly straightforward in explaining to me that it largely has to do with the generosity of the MN government with other people's money to refugee groups and charities that serve them. Apparently their sizable Hmong population has similar origins according to my younger brother who was educated in the Twin Cities.

As to whether or not the liberals are secretly trying to spread their propaganda...well I would probably just chalk it up to economics and human foolishness because such a convoluted and long term plot would almost be certain to fail due to the nature of nothing ever working as intended.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    the generosity of the MN government with other people's money to refugee groups and charities that serve them...human foolishness...

...would almost be certain to fail due to the nature of nothing ever working as intended...
    The stated "generosity" is nothing but simple theft, constituting redistribution by an entity with compulsory power to extract monies (with an ultimate reductio to lethal force if someone refuses firmly enough).

One of the strategic elements in any cultural metamorphosis is the ability to command language and definitions. Charity has never (honestly) been defined as forced contributions to someone else's pet project. Fools and foolishness has historically been understood to be a moral failure, not an intellectual deficit. And, as you mentioned the term "foolishness", said behavior (theft) is appropriately defined as a type of foolishness.

Failure has never been a deterrent to the communist dialectic. (One of the most fervent repositories of statist revolutionary "theory" currently resides in U.S. academia.) The matryoshka is an excellent model of how removing one iteration simply reveals the previous or next attempt. Yes, it might fail in the long term, but piles of ashes and mounds of skulls, and 58 million of Stalin's "statistics" reveal how far some are willing to go while "failing".

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray01 View Post
    The stated "generosity" is nothing but simple theft, constituting redistribution by an entity with compulsory power to extract monies (with an ultimate reductio to lethal force if someone refuses firmly enough).

One of the strategic elements in any cultural metamorphosis is the ability to command language and definitions. Charity has never (honestly) been defined as forced contributions to someone else's pet project. Fools and foolishness has historically been understood to be a moral failure, not an intellectual deficit. And, as you mentioned the term "foolishness", said behavior (theft) is appropriately defined as a type of foolishness.

Failure has never been a deterrent to the communist dialectic. (One of the most fervent repositories of statist revolutionary "theory" currently resides in U.S. academia.) The matryoshka is an excellent model of how removing one iteration simply reveals the previous or next attempt. Yes, it might fail in the long term, but piles of ashes and mounds of skulls, and 58 million of Stalin's "statistics" reveal how far some are willing to go while "failing".
    I agree. At this point it is hard for me to believe the people behind this want any short of another chance at Marxism.

Site Supporter
    My opinion is that they can't help it because they ignore that the group paying the most taxes has a less than zero growth rate while those requiring the most public assistance are becoming custodial populations and are increasing in number. No amount of redistribution of wealth will correct this situation. As our debt increases, the custodial populations will become more poor. Their quality of life will degrade as well as everyone else's. Buzz words and bullshit will not increase productivity.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    HEY!!! I resemble that comment!

That said, man... I love it here! Hot, humid, beaches, rum, I bought a shit load of new guns...

Oh, and I'd like to think that my vote helped keep some of the better folks in power.
    We are hopefully headed your way in the future.....

Just no way to retire in Northern NJ .....

My parents are in Broward County..... NO desire to go there.... crowded and Liberal

Wife's Aunt is on Siesta Key and looks wonderful. Houses on the mainland are still reasonable and taxes are not bad. We love the warm weather and the ocean, so that is our driving factor....
    My biggest fears..... oppressive summer heat and abundance of large insects.... yuck.

Just hoping the Broward / Dade County infection does not spread to the rest of the state....
    Troy
    Sig P320c
    Beretta Wilson Combat 92

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Or to where the churches are literally paid to import them like Minnesota.

https://brassballs.blog/home/who-was...-to-the-states
    I don't have a problem with churches doing it. Churches do a lot of good in this country, in other countries also. Membership is also voluntary so no money to support them is coming out of my pocket.

I do however have a problem with my tax dollars supporting a county government that claims to be a sanctuary for people who are here illegally. Those people use a lot of resources provided by me. I get to vote on school levies and emergency services but I don't get to vote on public health services and housing for illegals. Where I live I'm sure a ballot referendum would pass to do just that but at least I got to vote on it. The only option I have now is to pay attention to what my county commissioners are doing with my money. That's a lot of work and it's time consuming.

Churches have always been an institution that have an enormous amount of freedom guided by the constitution.

"make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,"
    People who harbor illegals thru the actions of their church are following their religious beliefs.

Full disclosure. I'm not a member of any church.
    Last edited by Borderland; 06-25-2019 at 11:48 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I don't have a problem with churches doing it. Churches do a lot of good in this country, in other countries also. Membership is also voluntary so no money to support them is coming out of my pocket.

I do however have a problem with my tax dollars supporting a county government that claims to be a sanctuary for people who are here illegally. Those people use a lot of resources provided by me. I get to vote on school levies and emergency services but I don't get to vote on public health services and housing for illegals. Where I live I'm sure a ballot referendum would pass to do just that but at least I got to vote on it. The only option I have now is to pay attention to what my county commissioners are doing with my money. That's a lot of work and it's time consuming.

Churches have always been an institution that have an enormous amount of freedom guided by the constitution.

People who harbor illegals thru the actions of their church are following their religious beliefs.

Full disclosure. I'm not a member of any church.
    I think you missed the part where churches are using tax dollars to do this.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I think you missed the part where churches are using tax dollars to do this.
    Then that's where it stops. Can't come under the heading of church fundraiser.

Nude carwash Saturday to support Christian youth college fund.
    Last edited by Borderland; 06-25-2019 at 12:03 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I do like Planet Money on NPR (and The Indicator)...

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/14/73284...ties-overrated

Interesting economics take.

User Tag List