Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Robar NP3+ on Action Parts

CCR is a forum member here, maybe they can chime in? @CCR Refinishing.

I have an email in to WMD guns re: their offering of EN with PTFE as I’d prefer that finish due to the esteemed lubricity and history of the product. If not that, I’ll get the NiBX and report back in a few weeks, hopefully they respond quickly to emails, will be a good first sign. Gun will be a P09 and maybe the P07 too.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

Received an automated reply from WMD, they are closed due to the hurricane. I’ll likely buy some Superlube with PTFE and try that on one of the CZ’s for now...

Quote Originally Posted by guymontag View Post
    Received an automated reply from WMD, they are closed due to the hurricane. I’ll likely buy some Superlube with PTFE and try that on one of the CZ’s for now...

I use that on one of mine, and on several others, I went with TW25 (found a couple deals on it, once). I think that with the CPII, for my purposes, is the best of both worlds. I just prefer the TW25, as it is a bit thinner, with a better temperature range.

Update: I emailed CTI about the possibility of having NP3 applied to parts in the future, and this was the reply I got:
    Name:  9080007D-9BF1-48E1-95B0-1CB8711B06D2.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  29.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Sauer Koch View Post
    Update: I emailed CTI about the possibility of having NP3 applied to parts in the future, and this was the reply I got:
    Name:  9080007D-9BF1-48E1-95B0-1CB8711B06D2.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  29.2 KB
    More promising than the message I received from them, they suggested I reach out to JoJo’s which I did with no response. WMD has not gotten back to me likely due to the hurricane and another outfit I emailed did not email me back. We shall see.

I do not have a dog in this fight, but on the other Robar thread SteveB says he has used Slick Shot a competing NP3 product. I think there are other NP3 like products we could use. I found this on the web

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post923097

I think this is the company that they use. There are lots of coatings that they have which could be interesting.

http://nutmegchrome.com/page/slik-sh...plated-coating

Slik Shot®, a high-end finish offered exclusively by Nutmeg Chrome, wears better and lasts longer than standard Nickel Teflon® coatings.

Nutmeg's Slik Shot® process is an electroless-plated coating of a nickel phosphorus alloy with Teflon® particles evenly dispersed throughout the coating, offering optimum performance. With Teflon® particles included as an integral part of the plating deposit, corrosion resistance and wearability are greatly enhanced.
    "To achieve any significant technological breakthrough, much Derp must be endured." -Rich@CCC
    "Your shotgun is running a bit frenetic, you should add some lavender to your lubricant, that should calm it down." -Aray, Oils and Lotions SME

I saw today where Cajun Gun Works was asking people on Facebook if they'd be game for NP3 work, so CTI must be trying to get them on board. I'm sure someone will, it'll just take some time. I'd hope to see both Grayguns and Lazy Wolf become approved vendors, due to their smithing expertise with Sig & HK

FYI, according to Coating Technologies, the following shops will now be offering access to NP3/+ and Armorlube:

Wright Armory - AZ
    Cajun Gun Works - LA
    Cylinder & Slide - NE
    Vang Comp - CA?
    Amerigun USA - MI?

Quote Originally Posted by Sauer Koch View Post
    FYI, according to Coating Technologies, the following shops will now be offering access to NP3/+ and Armorlube:

Wright Armory - AZ
    Cajun Gun Works - LA
    Cylinder & Slide - NE
    Vang Comp - CA?
    Amerigun USA - MI?

Just got an email from Wright Armory that they are now accepting orders for NP3 and NP3+ finishes.
    Vang Comp is in AZ.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

User Tag List