Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: New J-frame backup gun advice

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Not sure if this is the guy DB is referring to, but he is worth looking up.

https://www.aftt.org/about.html
    Mark knows revolvers. He taught at the Revolver Roundup a couple of years ago. He'll learn you some stuff.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by BK14 View Post
    Is there a significant disadvantage to just using the aforementioned J-frame for taking a class instead of something like a K frame?

I’ll start looking for a vetted revolver instructor coming to Arizona. Thanks for the suggestions.
    You can find the all steel 640 if you look around. Try to find the original .38spl only version.

Combined with low recoil ammo-wadcutter or softer-and a Hogue Tamer, you'll be GTG.

Wear moleskin on your thumb and trigger finger.

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    Fantasy Smith is a 2.5” K frame Ti fixed sight, no lock. Think M12 “PD”
    Yes, I also want this, with a Ti cylinder:
    Name:  360-3.JPG
Views: 803
Size:  34.5 KB
    Last edited by mmc45414; 06-22-2019 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Not sure if this is the guy DB is referring to, but he is worth looking up.

https://www.aftt.org/about.html
    I was thinking of someone else in the Phoenix area for some private instruction, but I think the world of Mark as a friend and instructor and HIGHLY recommend him.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

CWM11B
    One of our commanders is selling a 45 LC Smith Mountain gun he inherited. It’s a tempting piece. Too many guns, not enough OT shifts.
    I'll buy it

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    I'll buy it
    Send me a DM with contact info and I’ll get it to him if you’d want it.

DB How much does the Performance Center Action Job help above having just a normal Apex Spring kit installed on a 442?

Quote Originally Posted by cmbarny2 View Post
    DB How much does the Performance Center Action Job help above having just a normal Apex Spring kit installed on a 442?
    It’s honestly hard to tell sometimes as they vary, but for an LE backup, an all factory gun is the way to go if you can and for the money, the PC 442 is the way to go.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    It’s honestly hard to tell sometimes as they vary, but for an LE backup, an all factory gun is the way to go if you can and for the money, the PC 442 is the way to go.
    Would you recommend against the Apex kit for duty even if department approved?

Would you recommend against the Apex kit for duty even if department approved?
    I would recommend against it. I tried the Apex duty/carry kit in my 442 several years back; ignition with Gold Dot was only about a 96% proposition...

The only spring I'd mess with is the rebound slide spring. I found a 14# spring from Wolff to give good results, and a brisk enough trigger return, in combination with an action that was slicked up with thousands of dry fire reps.

User Tag List