Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New J-frame backup gun advice

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    There is a more pocketable boot grip for the LCR. http://shopruger.com/Hogue-LCR-Banta...uctinfo/19927/
    I have that it is still longer than the j-frame.

New J-frame backup gun advice

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    Cool! Let me know as far in advance as possible and I will see about getting some 38sp UTM rounds for you to use.

Thanks, will do, that’d be awesome.

BB:

Re: LCR, just talked to the guy who calls the shots on revolvers. LCR is not approved, Laser grips are.... So, guess I’ll be picking up the 442, learning the gun, then decide on tossing the crimson trace on there once I’ve got plenty of trigger time. There’s a lot about the LCR I really like, and the ability to swap sights is huge, but since it’s apparently not approved it’s moot for me at the moment.

Thanks everyone for the input.
    Last edited by BK14; 06-21-2019 at 01:55 PM.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BK14 View Post
    Thanks, will do, that’d be awesome.

BB:

Re: LCR, just talked to the guy who calls the shots on revolvers. LCR is not approved, Laser grips are.... So, guess I’ll be picking up the 442, learning the gun, then decide on tossing the crimson trace on there once I’ve got plenty of trigger time. There’s a lot about the LCR I really like, and the ability to swap sights is huge, but since it’s apparently not approved it’s moot for me at the moment.

Thanks everyone for the input.
    Luckily we live in a golden age of choice. Perhaps not a golden age of QC.... but certainly choice.

I kind of want to try a new Colt, but I'm cheap and leery of new things. And cheap.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

One of our commanders is selling a 45 LC Smith Mountain gun he inherited. It’s a tempting piece. Too many guns, not enough OT shifts.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Luckily we live in a golden age of choice. Perhaps not a golden age of QC.... but certainly choice.

I kind of want to try a new Colt, but I'm cheap and leery of new things. And cheap.
    That’s me. The 3 inch king cobra looks like the perfect size.

I’m just too cheap to test it out.

One of our commanders is selling a 45 LC Smith Mountain gun he inherited. It’s a tempting piece. Too many guns, not enough OT shifts.
    So be good Troop and point him here, I bet someone will give it a loving home.

I've gone full LCR for my snub needs, but my last j-frame was a 442pc-tune I picked up from CDNN. By far and away the best j-frame trigger I've ever felt. A buddy had a couple of Denny Reichard's (RIP) j's and that PC tune was still sweeter. Only reason it's not still taking up space in a drawer is a dear friend asked to buy it for his edc.

Site Supporter
    I kind of want a LCRx .357 , but my LCP works so well it’s hard to give it up. Yes the LCP is absolutely no fun to shoot, hurts, and has no sights, but I can shoot it well enough and it conceals better than anything else.

The LCR would be easier to shoot and carry a better round.

Smith used to be on fire with these little guns. I think it was about 6 years ago or so, they were coming out with a new one every time you turned your head. 642 ported, 437 or 637 with power port, Pro series and let’s not forget the 2.5” barreled ones!!

I wish Smith would make a little lightweight 6 shot with pinned front sight so you could change it out. I think it was back in 2007 or so, Taurus made a 6 shot 13.2 oz little gun. I just think Smith could pull it off better.

Fantasy Smith is a 2.5” K frame Ti fixed sight, no lock. Think M12 “PD”

Is there a significant disadvantage to just using the aforementioned J-frame for taking a class instead of something like a K frame?

I’ll start looking for a vetted revolver instructor coming to Arizona. Thanks for the suggestions.
    Not sure if this is the guy DB is referring to, but he is worth looking up.

https://www.aftt.org/about.html
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List